Are Christians oppressed in the US? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:12:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are Christians oppressed in the US? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are Christians oppressed in the US?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Are Christians oppressed in the US?  (Read 2859 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: May 08, 2005, 01:50:30 PM »

I wouldn't say Christians are oppressed, but I think that there is a strong anti-Christian current in many segments of society, such as academia and the entertainment industry.

If you don't think it's possible for a majority of a society to be oppressed, look at South Africa during apartheid.  It certain is possible if a majority is somehow stripped of its ability to assert its rights and fight back against oppression.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 08:16:27 PM »

Christians arent oppressed in the us. if christians think that they are being oppressed then move somewhere else.

Oppressed is a very strong word for something so minor. lets try and not over-react.
That's what I say to Muslims and everyone else who thinks that they are, in fact, being oppressed. Quit whining and move out if you assume that everyone in America automatically hates you. I don't even have to say a word to certain Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Catholics, Jews, whatever, and they will assume that I am subtly oppressing them. I don't know why, but at least with me, it happens most often with Muslims. Go figure.

Muslims have picked up the victim mentality.  They expect to be able to apologize for terrorism, and then be treated as our best friends.  I expect their victim mentality will get them as far as it's gotten others who practice it -- nowhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies