Capital Freedom Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:51:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Capital Freedom Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Capital Freedom Act (Debating)  (Read 5324 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: September 13, 2014, 05:57:28 AM »

Aye
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 08:55:39 AM »

I don't know why either of you are bothering. This won't pass and if it does, it's going to get vetoed. Why continue this charade?

This isn't a charade. I'm gonna ask you this.  Why should our labor policies universally be unbalanced so much in favor of the big labor unions and that management has no power for recourse? As I've said in the past, I'm a great-grandson of a steel union leader. I believe in some of what the unions have done towards the rights of the individual worker. However when big union, big labor, and government collude together, how can management hope to have due recourse to petition their grievances? Shouldn't an individual also be able to advocate on their own for a mutually beneficial contract. The current Atlasian arrangement is totally out of balance with regards to labor issues. As you know I'm more in favor of the Austrian Free Market view. The intent of this bill is to correct recent government overreach into economic matters. I know you and the president disagree but to dismiss the merits of my proposal without cause is unwise.

I think you've missed TNF's point. I could be (and am) totally convinced that atlasia would be better if we had an NHS, but I know that it wouldn't pass, so I'm not going to introduce it. You should do the same for your own views that simply won't pass the senate. Especially as you are completely unwilling to compromise.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »

...I do hate capitalism. I want to see it destroyed.

Spoken like someone who hates capitalism.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 08:31:09 AM »

Nay
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 09:52:17 AM »

AyeNay

Card Check is not a bullying tactic of unions and as such it must not be put on the ash heap. The old way works for the bosses and should not be restored to weaken unions.

Fixed that for you

Spoken like someone who hates capitalism

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 06:18:41 AM »

Nay
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 05:51:43 AM »

You are aware this was me being civil and tame.  The Detroit Plan is coming and just dread the gems in it.

If your civil and tame plan can't pass why do you think an even more radical one would?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies