Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:55:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153484 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: July 24, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

Everything's good to go, Jeff. Looking forward to it!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:33:05 PM »

I would be happy to answer any questions folks have. Overall, it was a very enjoyable visit - Jeff is an extremely nice person.

We started off the evening by eating at Braums, an amazing regional fast-food joint here in Oklahoma (we also have some in southern Kansas). I got a third pound bacon cheeseburger, while Jeff got a double third pound cheeseburger. We both chose to get a malt with our order (per his advice) - I got strawberry, though I am honestly unsure what he got.

We had a nice conversation - the Atlas forum came up, as did African geography, the beauty of OKC, and our opinion of Mary Fallin (both have positive feelings). After our conversation, we drove to his church for a Wednesday evening service. Bushie drives a little slower than I do, so I was easily able to keep up with him.

The folks at his church were extremely friendly, I must say. I was very impressed by the reception I got from the folks there - probably one of the best experiences I had. We sang a hymnal - Jeff, I'm sorry to say this, but you need to stick to just singing the basic parts, rather than the alternate. It would be tough to praise your vocal abilities without lying. I was also able to meet his cousin, who was very nice.

Following church, we took our picture and I said, goodbye, as I had to get back to the church I was staying at for disaster relief. I'm really happy to have met Jeff, and I look forward to seeing him again. I will say, from seeing pictures from before, I can tell that he has lost weight.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »

I'm 6'4'' in socks.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 03:39:40 PM »

Bushie and I are going to be neighbors?!?!?!?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »

Bushie and I are going to be neighbors?!?!?!?

Quite possibly!  I may try to live over by Independence or Lee's Summit.
If you know what's best for you (debatable), you'll live on the Kansas side. Speaking from experience...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »

Every time I see "CAD" in the header, I think of the actual word "cad", which means a man who is unprincipled and behaves dishonorably.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »

Well, it's been an interesting day to say the least.  Our air conditioner sprung a massive leak, so we had to spend all day cleaning everything up and do some rearranging.  We are tired!  I had to postpone the Bricktown Gospel Sharing tonight as I'm just way too tired.

I'm guessing you did less than 2 hours of physical labor?

I actually did about 3 hours.

That's sad.
You don't know what it's like working in that Oklahoma heat!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »

Well, it's been an interesting day to say the least.  Our air conditioner sprung a massive leak, so we had to spend all day cleaning everything up and do some rearranging.  We are tired!  I had to postpone the Bricktown Gospel Sharing tonight as I'm just way too tired.

I'm guessing you did less than 2 hours of physical labor?

I actually did about 3 hours.

That's sad.
You don't know what it's like working in that Oklahoma heat!

At the time he was doing any of the labor, it was at most 89-94 degrees.  I spent an entire day (11 A.M. - 8:00 P.M.) moving my friend out of his apartment (moving a bed, 2 couches, a dresser, some weird Ikea TV stand, and boxes of random stuff) a couple weeks ago when the high was 94, and I still had enough energy to hang out with a bunch of friends after.  It has nothing to do with working in the Oklahoma heat.  It has to do with the fact that he's morbidly out of shape.
Here you go:
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies