Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:23:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107580 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: May 06, 2006, 06:49:56 PM »

As individuals have repeatedly ignored Senate rules in this thread, I have established a new Legislation Introduction Thread, as I am allowed per the OSPR.  Senators, please introduce legislation in the new thread, and not in this one.  Thank you.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #701 on: May 07, 2006, 12:11:40 PM »

I as well as Sec. of Defense Akno21 support this and he came to me to write this.

College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill

1. No college or university funded by the state shall be permitted to prohobit recruiters from the United States Military to recruit on campus.

I would exclude public schools from this.  It isn't their fault they are run by the government and tehy shouldn't be subjected to war mongering recruiters.  If someone wants to join, they can go join, but recruiting should be banned.

What would be left of the bill?

Seeing as there is a new thread, I guess I'll respond.

It would allow it to go on in private schools that receive federal funding, because that is there decision to receive federal funds.  Forcing colleges to accept recruiters is ridiculous since colleges are meant to prepare oneself for the working world and stealing away their students and the country's future is terrible.  If they wanted to go into the military they could have signed up for a military academy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #702 on: May 09, 2006, 10:14:46 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2006, 10:34:34 AM by Senator MasterJedi, PPT »

Now that three regions have requested a constitutional convention, I would suggest the following resolution to the Senate, and request a Senator to introduce it:

Constitutional Convention Resolution
Whereas, the Mideast, Southeast, and Pacific Regions have applied for a Convention to amend the Constitution:

1. The Senate advises and consents to the calling of a Convention to amend the Constitution.
2. The President of Atlasia and the Governors of the Regions shall each appoint three delegates to the Convention.
3. The Convention may, with a two-thirds majority, expel a delegate for inactivity.

If I am not mistaken, the Senate procedures allow for such a resolution to be considered immediately upon introduction.

Well I'll introduce this for Emsworth and I'll make an amendment to this by tomorrow to introduce to this in the thread before I bring it up to the floor in the 5th slot (forum affairs legislation). The amendment will say what the convention will be about so yeah. Tongue I'm hoping that this amendment will save time in the passing of the resolution.

Okay, amendment made, changes here:

Constitutional Convention Resolution

Whereas, the Mideast, Southeast, and Pacific Regions have applied for a Convention to amend the Constitution:

1. The Senate advises and consents to the calling of a Convention to amend the Constitution.
2. The President of Atlasia and the Governors of the Regions shall each appoint three delegates to the Convention.
3. The Convention may, with a two-thirds majority, expel a delegate for inactivity.
4. The Convention shall discuss the system of government (parliamentary vs. presidential), election rules and voting rights.
5. If the Convention decides to adopt a parliamentary system the Senate urges the Convention to use the system found here: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/User:Pete_bell/Parliamentary_system along with an interim period.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #703 on: May 14, 2006, 01:19:47 PM »

I worked in liasion with TCash on this Bill, therefore, I, hereby,introduce this

Notification of Federal Election Polling Hours Bill

1. This Act, hereby, instructs the Secretary of Forum Affairs; or, in his absence, the Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs, to publicy notify registered voters of Federal Election Polling Hours in both the:

a. Fantasy Elections Forum; and
b. the Voting Booth.

2. This Act, hereby, instructs the Secretary of Forum Affairs; or, in his absence, the Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs to give three days notice of Federal Election Polling Hours.

'Hawk'
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #704 on: May 14, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »

I worked in liasion with TCash on this Bill, therefore, I, hereby,introduce this

Notification of Federal Election Polling Hours Bill

1. This Act, hereby, instructs the Secretary of Forum Affairs; or, in his absence, the Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs, to publicy notify registered voters of Federal Election Polling Hours in both the:

a. Fantasy Elections Forum; and
b. the Voting Booth.

2. This Act, hereby, instructs the Secretary of Forum Affairs; or, in his absence, the Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs to give three days notice of Federal Election Polling Hours.

'Hawk'

Scratch this. I will shortly be re-introducing the intent of this Bill as an amendment to the Electoral System Reform Act. The Secretary of Forum Affairs has brought to this to my attention

'Hawk'
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #705 on: May 14, 2006, 08:45:04 PM »

In light of the Flexi_Time Amendment being ratified by the Regions, I introduce the following additional clause - in green - to Section 10: Administration of Voting Booths of the Electoral System Reform Act:

Modified Electoral System Reform Act

===Section 10: Administration of Voting Booths===
1. Whenever possible, the Secretary of Forum Affairs, or the Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs, shall be the administrator of the voting booth. If both shall be absent or unable to administer the voting booth, then the President shall designate an executive officer to do so instead.
2. The administrator of a voting booth shall be free to design the ballot as he or she sees fit, as long as the content of the ballot is clear and unambiguous.
3. The administrator of a voting booth shall post links to all relevant statute regarding electoral law on the ballot.
4. The administrator of a voting booth shall give registered voters three days advance public notice, in both the Fantasy Elections Forum and the Voting Booth, of the hours in which voting shall take place

'Hawk'
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: May 14, 2006, 08:54:11 PM »

There may be a possible further amendment to the ERSB from Brandon H. Could this be included with the above, but voted on separately, or not; or would I need to introduce it separately?

'Hawk'
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies