Republicans, do you approve of fining people for Homosexual Propaganda? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:14:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans, do you approve of fining people for Homosexual Propaganda? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans, do you approve of fining people for Homosexual Propaganda?  (Read 1230 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: March 13, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »

I'm sure that pretty much all Republicans here find this a stupid policy that egregiously violates the First Amendment.  This is a bit of a slippery slope fallacy.
Not at all. We have a similar bill pending in my home state.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-02-16/tennessee-bill-homosexuality/53116470/1

The bill's stupid, and won't pass.  But there is a big difference between outlawing something in schools from teachers and outlawing it among the general public.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:56:09 PM »

there is a big difference between outlawing something in schools from teachers and outlawing it among the general public.

It's no less despicable, just on a smaller scale.

Would you find it OK to outlaw mention of the word God to students under the age of 14?

If we're talking about indoctrination, far more children are indoctrinated with Christianity than Homosexuality.

I wasn't defending it... just saying that the two aren't the same.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies