Opinion of this quote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:22:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of this quote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Freedom Quote

Horrible Quote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Opinion of this quote  (Read 8200 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: July 19, 2014, 02:07:09 PM »

She supports taxpayer-funded subsidies for huge banks and corporations, why wouldn't she support them for big defense contractors as well?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 02:45:13 PM »

She supports taxpayer-funded subsidies for huge banks and corporations, why wouldn't she support them for big defense contractors as well?
Reference please? I'm curious (no I don't believe you're lying, I'm just curious)
Warren is a former TARP administrator who supported bailing out the financial industry. Going off her support for Yellen, she supports QE as well. Then there's her lack of support for auditing the Fed.

As for corporations, see here.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »

I'm more inclined to for the U.S. to wipe it's hands with the conflict.  However, if we absolutely must be involved (which is a valid argument), and considering it seems that neither government is interested in a peaceful solution, I'm with TNF and say that a secular representative government should be imposed on the whole lot of 'em. 
Great idea! Even better, let's impose a secular government on every Middle Eastern country! No way that's gonna turn out badly...
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »

I don't actually disagree with anything in it, tbh. It doesn't change the fact the Israeli government is a bunch of morons and assholes and at this point bear most of the responsibility for the failure of peace talks.
You agree that the US has a responsibility to ensure that Israel maintains a "military edge?"
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 01:06:08 AM »

I don't actually disagree with anything in it, tbh. It doesn't change the fact the Israeli government is a bunch of morons and assholes and at this point bear most of the responsibility for the failure of peace talks.
You agree that the US has a responsibility to ensure that Israel maintains a "military edge?"

If that's necessary to prevent the neighboring countries from destroying it, then yes. Though I know that's not the case right now, Israel has historically been much less trigger-happy than its old enemies.
Why is it America's job to provide for Israel's defense?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »

If that's necessary to prevent the neighboring countries from destroying it, then yes. Though I know that's not the case right now, Israel has historically been much less trigger-happy than its old enemies.
Why is it America's job to provide for Israel's defense?

Powerful nations should do their job to protect smaller nations from aggression, in general. The fact that Israel is probably the single State in the world that the most other countries would like to see crushed makes its defense particularly necessary.
Why can't Israel protect itself? Are you really suggesting that it's too poor to do so?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies