Democratic-Republican Party Convention, August 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 08:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic-Republican Party Convention, August 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic-Republican Party Convention, August 2014  (Read 3076 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 03, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »

Hey guys. Hope the convention goes well.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:24:17 PM »

Thank you for inviting us to speak at your convention.

Liberty has always been at the root of how I've tried to contribute. It's been said that Victor Hugo once said No army can stop an idea whose time has come. The ideas and principals of that liberty we all seek go back further than any tyrant. The tyrant is a perverse facsimile of the upward climb towards universal freedom. Yes, I admit we differ at points on what that liberty looks like and how we should seek it. Yet it is our mutual journey.

Those who want to centralize economic power in the hands of government beaurocrats have no idea that the more control the government and those who benefit from the current status quo the less the market can effectively grow. Friedrich Hayek in Individualism and Economic Order continues

There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal. While the first is the condition of a free society, the second means as De Tocqueville describes it, 'a new form of servitude.'

We have prominent citizens in the halls who are by force trying to make people equal and by thus failing to treat them equal. The perversion of nationalization of industry is on our doorstep and we need people in the senate who will not only fight it tooth and nail but promote the time tested methods of freedom to work their way into the halls of power.  We have a PPT who abhors our economic beliefs and is taking every step to hinder any hope of economic recovery by nationalizing the energy industry. Your own candidate to the senate has rightly focused on restoring the healthcare industry to the market and the demilitarization of the police. I happen to agree with him on those matters and on that I hope to build a coalition with you to gain entry to the halls of the senate and promote the ideas of liberty.

Thank you and may God and Dave save and keep Atlasia
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies