Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:14:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 49097 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: November 24, 2014, 06:59:16 PM »

Naso, how do you know the "facts of the case" support Wilson when Wilson's side of the story has never even been told?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:45:29 PM »

There will be a couple of isolated violent-ish incidents tonight in Ferguson and Fox News/conservatives will spin it as "blacks rioting in Ferguson" all over again.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »

Also, it's been determined that it was actually 12 shots fired at Brown.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »

There will be a couple of isolated violent-ish incidents tonight in Ferguson and Fox News/conservatives will spin it as "blacks rioting in Ferguson" all over again.

It's already begun. A couple of incidents = mass riots in the streets. People want to hear that the unruly blacks aren't behaving, and the media is making sure to tell them that.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »

Well, looks like our Southern posters are really pulling out all the stops tonight.

Only one Southerner in this thread has been racist?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:52:20 PM »

Well, looks like our Southern posters are really pulling out all the stops tonight.

Only one Southerner in this thread has been racist?

I don't think they were referring the the sole white liberal who lives in Mississippi.

In addition to me, other non-racist Southerners who posted in the thread include memphis, semocrat, Adam Griffin, badgate, Lief, Duke, jdb, BushOklahoma, Sanchez*, Nagas, and Jerry.

Then one racist Southerner also posted, along with a racist from Ohio. Yet that translates to the "our Southern posters are really pulling out all the stops tonight?" That's absurd.

* - I think he used to be racist but has recanted or something? Regardless, he didn't post anything racist in this thread.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »

Anyone who uses tonight as a smokescreen to loot or steal (and it is a very tiny % of the protesters out there, despite what conservative outlets will have you believe) should and will be punished to the fullest extent of the law. They are just as scummy as the prosecutor.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 11:32:08 PM »

I mean are we just ignoring the robbery, the assault, the grabbing the gun, etc, etc? You guys seem to be engaging in the sort of "truthiness" that conservatives are so often mocked for; you built a narrative about what happened and you're just ignoring or rejecting any sort of evidence (i.e. most of it) that goes against it.

Is this modern liberalism? Proclaiming violent thuggish criminals to be martyrs and his assaulted victim to be a cold-blooded bigoted murder? If so, as it sadly seems, Rawls was wrong about liberalism, dead wrong. As I said:

I am a person who sees no reason to believe that a literal and indisputable robber and assaulter, perhaps even a committer of hate crimes (he said some nasty things to the South Asian shopkeeper, if I recall correctly), was somehow the innocent victim of a bloodthirsty bigot who just happened to coincidentally be in the area as the aforementioned assailant and robber was fleeing the scene.

Somehow the rest of you are privy to a completely different series of facts, apparently.

Was it ever firmly established that Brown tried to take the officer's gun? I know the far-righters have alleged that, but has that been accepted as something that really happened?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 04:18:56 PM »

Why the hell should someone who opposes the very concept of private property be concerned about property damage?

I highly doubt many, if any, of the rioters/looters "oppose the concept private property" ...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »

Vox put together a pretty good chart:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies