Kaplan Strategies: Trump up In the swing states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:17:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Kaplan Strategies: Trump up In the swing states
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kaplan Strategies: Trump up In the swing states  (Read 1151 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2024, 11:34:36 AM »
« edited: April 26, 2024, 11:44:20 AM by wbrocks67 »

538 added these.... oh

2022 all over again lol

It’s a wack poll but they are rated ok by 538. Where do you draw the line to exclude? The Pennsylvania and Arizona polls aren’t that extreme, but the WI and MI polls are. Do you only let in some, even though they’ve been conducted with the same methodology? It’s a new regime at 538 and Morris has a different approach than Nate Silver and he still includes them. A good polling average will discount outliers anyway.

I would think so, but the polling average seems really sensitive; Wisconsin shifted nearly 1.5% just based on this one poll. An outlier shouldn't shift the average that much if it's counting for outliers.

EDIT: also the Kristi Noem and abortion results are just... whack lmao

Across all states, South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem consistently emerges as a formidable presidential running mate. This point is especially true in the key battleground state of Wisconsin, where Noem’s net favorability of +16 (45/29) indicates significant approval and awareness of the work she has done in South Dakota. Further showing Noem’s potential positive impact to a presidential ticket, Noem was the only potential VP candidate who garnered a positive favorability rating in all four states polled - Arizona (+8), Michigan (+12), Pennsylvania (+13), and Wisconsin (+16).

Kristi Noem with a nearly 50% favorability in Wisconsin... so true!
kwabbit

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2024, 12:01:51 PM »

538 added these.... oh

2022 all over again lol

It’s a wack poll but they are rated ok by 538. Where do you draw the line to exclude? The Pennsylvania and Arizona polls aren’t that extreme, but the WI and MI polls are. Do you only let in some, even though they’ve been conducted with the same methodology? It’s a new regime at 538 and Morris has a different approach than Nate Silver and he still includes them. A good polling average will discount outliers anyway.

I would think so, but the polling average seems really sensitive; Wisconsin shifted nearly 1.5% just based on this one poll. An outlier shouldn't shift the average that much if it's counting for outliers.

EDIT: also the Kristi Noem and abortion results are just... whack lmao

Across all states, South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem consistently emerges as a formidable presidential running mate. This point is especially true in the key battleground state of Wisconsin, where Noem’s net favorability of +16 (45/29) indicates significant approval and awareness of the work she has done in South Dakota. Further showing Noem’s potential positive impact to a presidential ticket, Noem was the only potential VP candidate who garnered a positive favorability rating in all four states polled - Arizona (+8), Michigan (+12), Pennsylvania (+13), and Wisconsin (+16).

Kristi Noem with a nearly 50% favorability in Wisconsin... so true!

I think they should probably start marking all polls done by partisan affiliated outlets as internals, regardless of if they are sponsored. That would have solved a lot of the issue in 2022 with coefficient, insider advantage, trafalgar. Kaplan seems to be a GOP pollster so if you subtract 5 from Trumps margin and put them in the average things still get shifted just not to an unreasonable degree.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2024, 12:16:42 PM »

Jim Harbaugh — tremendous guy. They said he could never beat Ohio State! They said he never had the guts. But then something incredible happened. Incredible. JJ McCarthy to the Vikings — he’s gonna do a tremendous job.

We love Michigan. These are special people.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2024, 12:37:36 PM »

I'll give them credit for not herding and going ahead and publishing this. That credit will go away if they are still this much of an outlier going forward and they end up missing the mark, even if it's a narrow Trump victory.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2024, 12:40:49 PM »

I'll give them credit for not herding and going ahead and publishing this. That credit will go away if they are still this much of an outlier going forward and they end up missing the mark, even if it's a narrow Trump victory.

Yup. I started boycotting the Washington Post after 2020. Can’t trust em.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2024, 12:47:56 PM »

The Democratic Party needs to be done away with once and for all if this happens.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2024, 01:02:29 PM »

The Democratic Party needs to be done away with once and for all if this happens.

Lol there are many polls that show Biden ahead
Fusternino
Rookie
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2024, 04:22:43 PM »

Reminds me of those SurveyMonkey polls from 2020.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2024, 04:51:08 PM »

Lol there are many polls that show Biden ahead
all fake.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2024, 05:21:20 PM »

Marist does not lie Biden +3 Wick and Inside Advantage has Oz winning not Marist and Oz lost

Trump is not 15 pts ahead in MI
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2024, 05:35:33 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2024, 06:27:01 AM by BlueSwan »

Trump up 15 in Michigan and 10 in Wisconsin? Trash. They shouldn't even be posted
I disagree. The fact that they posted these outlandish results suggests that the polls are legit (in the sense that they are not fabricated). It is way more suspicious if all the polls from a company aligns perfectly with expectations.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2024, 06:25:02 AM »

I said this is another poll already. I do believe these polling numbers are close to right currently. And he is why.

I think Trumps percentage is close to what he will get in November. But Biden’s percentage isn’t. I believe there are Biden 2020 voters mad at him and currently undecided on if they are going to vote for him or third party. But in the end will come home and vote for him. That is why we are seeing these crazy numbers right now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2024, 09:06:15 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2024, 09:10:27 AM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

I said this is another poll already. I do believe these polling numbers are close to right currently. And he is why.

I think Trumps percentage is close to what he will get in November. But Biden’s percentage isn’t. I believe there are Biden 2020 voters mad at him and currently undecided on if they are going to vote for him or third party. But in the end will come home and vote for him. That is why we are seeing these crazy numbers right now.

Have you seen the PA numbers we outvoted Rs in PA Primary 950 to 750 K because Trump is a criminal these polls are not right and Marist had it Biden +3 anyways

Trump gonna win lol no one wants J6 Trump back
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2024, 11:02:22 AM »

I don't look at silly polls, as the end all be all my College professors told me that that polls aren't votes
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2024, 01:22:13 PM »

Lmao, this is even more ridiculous than the Biden +17 ABC poll from 2020.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2024, 04:27:22 PM »

The Polls are trying to push Trump as Prez and he is J6 we saw this with MC polls we still have to vote
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2024, 07:28:38 PM »

You pretty much nailed it. I even think some of them are saying now they will vote for Trump but in the end won't turn out. This is especially true among the under 40 crowd. I think Biden will end up getting similar margins to 2020 with those under the age of 40 but with lower turnout.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2024, 08:51:04 AM »

These polls are silly
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: