What are private school kids good for?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:49:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What are private school kids good for?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: What are private school kids good for?
The big parties

The drugs

The big houses

The joyrides-Benz/BMW

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: What are private school kids good for?  (Read 2989 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2005, 01:11:59 PM »

So whats your favorite "facet" of private school kids?

Personally, they throw the nicer parties and buy every kid some weed... usually.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 01:36:20 PM »

As someone who is private schooled, I totally opose this notion.Most people in my school aremiddle class, some even downright lower middle class. Hell, most live in apartments.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 01:38:38 PM »

As someone who is private schooled, I totally opose this notion.Most people in my school aremiddle class, some even downright lower middle class. Hell, most live in apartments.

Things must be pretty different in Portugal then. The private high schools in my hometown cost more than my current public college does a year and from what I've seen most private colleges cost almost as much as my family's entire annual income.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 04:26:14 PM »

This is horrible. What a bunch of damn stereotypes. I am highly offended by this, being educated by Private Schools since fourth grade. We aren't a bunch of lazy, druggy, rich, babies who never have to worry because our parents will get us out of everything. While some people are that way a majority aren't and a majority are normal level headed people who work hard and try to get into the best schools that they can. Why don't you take your stereotypical garbage someplace else?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 04:33:06 PM »

I don't have big parties, I don't do drugs, I don't own a large house, I cannot drive and my family do not own a BMW or a Mercedes, we own a Citroen.

Accordingly I fail to see that this thread is at all applicable.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 04:35:36 PM »

C5?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 04:37:20 PM »

Xsara, old school.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 04:40:42 PM »

That car would actually look much better if it hadn't 2 1/5 blocks, but 3.
Unless you have the station wagon or Picasso, nothing to say there.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 04:46:14 PM »

I think we have the hatchback, not entirely sure - 5 doors.

Looks like that except not smashed on the side and with hubcaps, this was just a random photo of one I found on the net, same colour though.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 04:48:30 PM »

Practically speaking, they are not good for anything.  By that I mean useless to me.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 04:49:08 PM »

I think we have the hatchback, not entirely sure - 5 doors.

Looks like that except not smashed on the side and with hubcaps, this was just a random photo of one I found on the net, same colour though.

Yea, that's what I was thinking. I'm glad you don't own that particular one, what a mess.
anyways, like I said, it would look much better if it had 4 doors, I'm not really simpathetic to carrs with a rear like that. You either have a stationw agon or a sedan, not both.
And I know, my dad's former taxi was an opel vectra like that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 04:50:46 PM »

Yea, that's what I was thinking. I'm glad you don't own that particular one, what a mess.
anyways, like I said, it would look much better if it had 4 doors, I'm not really simpathetic to carrs with a rear like that. You either have a stationw agon or a sedan, not both.

Your dad was a taxi driver?  Wow, sounds poor.  I drove a taxi during grad school.  I like big Citroens.. forget the model names.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 04:52:42 PM »

Your dad was a taxi driver?  Wow, sounds poor.  I drove a taxi during grad school.  I like big Citroens.. forget the model names.

Not was, is. Just the vehicle is now a mercedes C.
But that's his own business, in fact, most taxis in Lisbon are one car companies. He actually has a hired driver and they work in turns.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 04:53:28 PM »

But that's his own business, in fact, most taxis in Lisbon are one car companies. He actually has a hired driver and they work in turns.

Interesting.  What is the average income from something like that?  In America taxi drivers are impoverished starvlings.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 04:57:07 PM »

Interesting.  What is the average income from something like that?  In America taxi drivers are impoverished starvlings.

well, I can't really say average, and I can't even say our own. But I suppose it goes around 20000/25000€ a year(consider the cost of living is much lower here).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 05:04:38 PM »

well, I can't really say average, and I can't even say our own. But I suppose it goes around 20000/25000€ a year(consider the cost of living is much lower here).

Wow, the cost of living lower in a Euro country than in the US?  Portugal must be a pretty cool place. 

I think a taxi driver here makes maybe $20,000/year - starvation wages.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 05:06:44 PM »

While $20,000 is not rich, it's not starvation wages either.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 05:49:08 PM »

I proudly attend a public school.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 05:51:44 PM »

Are you joking?  That is, what, $400/week?  Well I suppose it is enough to be able to eat, so technically you are correct.  I should've said meager, trapped in the under-class wages.  Certainly the kind of wages where if you get sick for a couple of weeks, you're homeless.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 06:07:25 PM »

Are you joking?  That is, what, $400/week?  Well I suppose it is enough to be able to eat, so technically you are correct.  I should've said meager, trapped in the under-class wages.  Certainly the kind of wages where if you get sick for a couple of weeks, you're homeless.

Do I have to prove to you again that you can easily live on less? Heck, I proved that you could have a half-decent retirement if you spent your money wisely making only a little more than $1000 a month if I remember correctly.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 06:09:09 PM »

I'm a public school teacher and I am against a voucher system; however, I don't see the point of all this private school bashing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 06:10:45 PM »

I don't do drugs, I live in a row house, my parents don't have a BMW or Benz and I'm not a party kind of person. I go to a private (Catholic) school. I am proud that I didn't match a single thing on this poll.  Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 06:12:39 PM »

Practically speaking, they are not good for anything.  By that I mean useless to me.

I'd love to find out who you really are, opebo. I am shocked that such a loser exists on this planet.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 06:19:56 PM »

I'd love to find out who you really are, opebo. I am shocked that such a loser exists on this planet.

The planet is populated mostly by losers, Keyestone Phil.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 06:20:41 PM »

The planet is populated mostly by losers, Keyestone Phil.

You really should use condoms.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies