Zeb for Governor Campaign thread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:41:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Zeb for Governor Campaign thread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zeb for Governor Campaign thread!  (Read 1899 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: March 03, 2005, 08:19:32 AM »

Good question.

What is your stance on racial segregation in schools and public areas such as restaraunts and movie theaters?
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 03:01:15 PM »

By the grace of God, they might do that today.  But in 1960, they wouldn't have.  It took government intervention to help people end their hateful ways.

What is your stance on racial segregation in schools and public areas such as restaraunts and movie theaters?

I strongly believe in equality for all individuals. I also believe in a businesses right to serve who they want when they want. This is really an issue that should be left up to the states. I do not believe in any form of segregation.

In other words, government can't segregate, but business can if they want. Fine with me - that's my stance. In this day and age, if a business had a 'no coloreds' sign, you can gaurantee that they'll lose a huge chunk of their white customers as well as all the blacks - it would be a stupid business decision if you're out to make money.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies