Pacific Council: Be Fair Towards Students Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:03:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Council: Be Fair Towards Students Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Council: Be Fair Towards Students Act  (Read 1173 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 06, 2014, 03:50:50 PM »

That fine is a little steep, and I'm sorry for not commenting on this one - it slipped by. Would a quick rewrite be acceptable? I want to adjust some numbers.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:52:36 AM »

I just googled this, and it isn't as radical as I had initially feared. There are cities that basically have this or something very much like it - either free weekday transit for Uni students or else steeply reduced weekday transit. So yeah, that looks good, but let me get back this afternoon.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »

Okay, I want it to read "weekday transit during normal school hours" or something to that effect. But there's got to be a better way to handle reimbursement. Maybe not, IDK.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 05:26:13 PM »

There exists public transportation for primary (elementary) and secondary (high school) schools everywhere.

College, you're on your own. The research I've looked into (Chicago, NY, etc.) have some things with regard to this for college students. Yeah, I could sign off on something that helps college students - they're pinched, squeezed, etc. enough. But public school students have access to transportation.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »

Okay, I imagine clause 3 should probably be a program that we set up through the universities that grants free transit to students. But I'm not sure what it would cost. We need to do this, though, at least for low income students!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 08:34:49 AM »

Sorry, I've been wrestling with this one. I'm not crazy about telling a business they have to accept these passes, but our students deserve a break.

Shouldn't the university or school reimburse the transportation / bus company? Or at least the other 50%?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies