Rep. John Lewis "I do not consider the president-elect to be legitimate" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:59:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. John Lewis "I do not consider the president-elect to be legitimate" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis "I do not consider the president-elect to be legitimate"  (Read 3789 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: January 13, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »

Trump certainly does lack the legitimacy steaming from the popular vote win, while still being legally elected per archaic but still existing stystem.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »

Trump certainly does lack the legitimacy steaming from the popular vote win, while still being legally elected per archaic but still existing stystem.

Comparing a number of pieces left with a number of votes casted by actual people is quite hyperbolic.

Trump got much less votes than his opponent. I don't think anybody can dispute this. There's something weird, at best, to call one country's democratic, and yet have a system under which a man with less support becomes President. Trump has no popular mandate.

Of course, as I've been saying in other threads, you don't get to change rules during the game and he's legally President-elect. Doesn't mean we have to approve the system.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »

I honestly wonder what would our blue avatars be saying had Trump won the popular vote, but lost electoral one to Hillary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies