Over 600,000 jobs created in July alone! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:42:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Over 600,000 jobs created in July alone! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Over 600,000 jobs created in July alone!  (Read 7127 times)
MarkDel

« on: August 07, 2004, 11:04:00 PM »

Self-employment is "surging?"  I doubt it.  With the vast productivity increases, self-employed workers have been unable to compete with larger coorportations, thus resulting in their elimination.  You cannot simply look at job numbers you don't like, and then say "self-employment is surging!"

Defarge,

Actually, there was an increase of nearly 1 MILLION people in 2003 who called themselves self-employed for the first time, and that figure is expected to be even higher in 2004. Here's a link that isn't ecxactly a right wing organization talking about the massive increases in this category.

http://www.centrists.org/pages/2003/09/28_guest_econ.html
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 11:20:55 PM »

Mark,

In regards to being self-employed.

Need any help? Wink

StatesRights,

Actually I don't, but I'll let you know if I ever do. In fact, I'm actually getting ready to start another new business endeavor, completely unrelated to publishing. I have decided that now that the "Re-Fi" craze is over, all of the quick buck artists will be out of the Mortgage business in the very near future. And with the Tampa area still growing rapidly, I've decided to get involved in the Mortgage Brokerage business.
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 11:31:17 PM »

Cool when you do that tell me. I want to get refinanced.

Give me 3-4 more weeks for me to get set up, can you wait that long?
MarkDel

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 11:35:20 PM »

I wasn't expecting that soon! Smiley Wink We'll see I guess.

Yes, the plan to go in this direction has been in place for months now, I just needed to find the right situation, which I did about 2 weeks ago.
MarkDel

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 01:29:55 AM »

All the more reason why I will wash my hands of the GOP untill the neo-cons are ejected.
Amen.  I've stopped even arguing on most of these threads.  As a scientist, I'm well aware of how some of these statistics can be distorted.  While both sides do it, the neo-cons and their ilk have raised it to an art form.  I won't even waste my time and energy "debating" them.  To them, politics comes first, facts come second (or third, or fourth).  I'm not trying to sound holier than thou... there are plenty of issues on which the "facts" are subjective/fuzzy/etc and, so, two reasonably people can have differing opinions.  That's not what I'm referring to.

BTW, my political compass scores are also very close to zero and zero... a little towards the negative side on the social scale.

Millwx,

That is absolute garbage. I am definitely a neo-conservative and do I need to go pull up past threads here where YOU praised MY objectivity and ability to seperate fact from opinion???
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies