BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner ! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:27:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner ! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner !  (Read 5977 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: May 19, 2017, 07:45:56 AM »

Crowley is an FF. If you want to take on an NYC Democrat, why not Espaillat who has actually supported and campaigned for a member of the IDC?

Or better yet one of the IDC people themselves.

Danny K. Davis should be primaried though.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 07:47:44 AM »

"Justice Democrats" in TX-14, AR-03 and even FL-27? I did't know whether it's better to weep or laugh loudly....

The one in AR-03 is a Republican.

Also I don't think being a progressive is a death sentence in FL-27, unless you're also a terrible candidate in addition to being a progressive.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »

I mean, Washington is a progressive state, regardless of whether the primary or the caucus should count. And regardless, voters in every Safe D district should be given the option of a good progressive. Whether they'll actually take it is neither here nor there.

Not sure how you can call Reichert "safe."
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 02:37:09 PM »

Also, Shadows, I can tell you're not from WA since you have no clue what makes the WA Dem party tick.

Seattle is a very left-wing city. Possibly the most progressive in America. It has duly elected a Congresswoman who represents that (and who is actually pretty solid on a lot of issues, unlike some of her Council allies who stray off the reservation by veering into national politics).

The rest of the state is either Idaho Lite or the suburbs, which are socially liberal/fiscally moderate. DelBene (my own Congresswoman) is the apotheosis of this. And she's a great representative of me and my neighbors with similar views, and I will proudly vote to return her to Congress if she runs again in '18.

Just saying "the state is progressive!" means nothing. I can tell you don't live here. Seattle (the user) gave a great rundown on our Reps and why they fit their communities well, with the exception of Rick Whatshisname Larsen. Don't tell us what kind of Congresspeople are "acceptable" because you saw the results of an unrepresentative caucus held *over Easter weekend* online

But merely running candidates to give voters there an option isn't forcing people down their throats. If the residents of WA-01 would rather be represented by Suzan DelBene, they will vote for her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies