The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:06:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes)  (Read 30764 times)
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« on: January 30, 2015, 07:31:11 PM »

I would like to add, the raison d'être of the Migrant Civil Rights Act is to repeal the Right to Life Act's abortion restrictions. But the rights given to immigrants under that act need to be kept.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »

The Courier should be commended for its exceptional dedication. The errors made by the paper were not made in contempt for any person so I excuse their writers in that regard.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:26:48 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 06:31:21 PM by New Canadaland »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Not exactly... (it's complicated)
When I first wrote the bill the main intention was to get rid of the Right to Life Act which I found as going to far. That's what's bogged down the bill. However I found out there are like 4 bills already passed in the Mideast containing similar abortion restrictions. Because of that and CrabCake's absence I abandoned a full repeal attempt and merely tried to tone the the Right to Life Act down. But Shua didn't want such a compromise.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 06:49:22 PM »

They were trying to eliminate the current abortion restrictions for all.
That was (almost) my intention! (I intended to leave some minimal federal restrictions in effect). But I found out multiple bills with similar restrictions were in place.
These are all the abortion related statutes currently in place:
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Mideast_Public_Assistance_in_Abortion_Ban_Statute
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/A.R._4:_2nd_Amendment_to_the_Mideast_Abortion_Statute_II
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/A.R._4:_Mideast_Abortion_Sex_Protection_Act
As it turns out repealing the Right to Life Act would have had next to no effect. I believe only the waiting time and ultrasound would have been changed.
I intend to "simply" all of these statutes Wink if CrabCake returns.

They think you can combine abortion policy with immigration issues. Wasn't a good idea.
I am partly guilty of this. I could have introduced separate bills for repealing one half of the Right to Life Act and amending the other half. But I chose to repeal the whole thing and start from scratch. At the end the bill was amended to separate abortion and immigration bills anyhow, which would have addressed this concern.
In fact, by voting against the bill YOU are the one combining abortion policy with immigration issues. This is the status quo thanks to the Right to Life Act.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 06:56:28 PM »

It was too tempting when immigration laws and abortion laws were already in the same bill Tongue
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »

Sad Sad Sad
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 05:06:43 PM »

I greatly approve of having links in news articles. I'm too busy to look for posts in threads I don't follow.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 04:29:40 PM »

Is the NE trending against Labor? Surprisingly close there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies