Maryland Senate votes to make WalMart PAY. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:29:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Maryland Senate votes to make WalMart PAY. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maryland Senate votes to make WalMart PAY.  (Read 2940 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: April 06, 2005, 08:25:44 AM »

"Fair Share Health Care Act"

Bill requires large companies to spend at least 8% of payroll on health care:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/politics/bal-walmartbill0405,1,2818385.story?coll=bal-home-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

Republican Govenor Erhlic promised to veto the bill, but the support in the Senate might make the bill veto proof.

Commies.

^^
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 08:31:31 AM »

"Fair Share Health Care Act"

Bill requires large companies to spend at least 8% of payroll on health care:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/politics/bal-walmartbill0405,1,2818385.story?coll=bal-home-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

Republican Govenor Erhlic promised to veto the bill, but the support in the Senate might make the bill veto proof.

Commies.

^^

Walmart is the commie - it has been surviving on government subsidy of its workforce, which has always been payed below subsistence level.

I've already proven that you can live off a wage of $6.50/hr, so be quiet already.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 08:56:29 AM »

Walmart is the commie - it has been surviving on government subsidy of its workforce, which has always been payed below subsistence level.

I've already proven that you can live off a wage of $6.50/hr, so be quiet already.

Actually we are talking about medical care, which is unaffordable at the Walmart level of pay - even if, as you claim, a Walmart worker can keep himself supplied with a hovel, hot dogs, and twinkies.  Walmart has been subsidized by the taxpayers since its inception in the area of health care.

If by hovel you mean decent apartment, and by 'hot dog and twinkies' you mean decent food - canned food mainly, but still decent food. Your main problem is that you have little idea how the real world works. If I was your father, you would have been kicked out on your ass a long time ago and not allowed to be a leech.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 12:15:12 PM »

Actually we are talking about medical care, which is unaffordable at the Walmart level of pay - even if, as you claim, a Walmart worker can keep himself supplied with a hovel, hot dogs, and twinkies.  Walmart has been subsidized by the taxpayers since its inception in the area of health care.

If by hovel you mean decent apartment, and by 'hot dog and twinkies' you mean decent food - canned food mainly, but still decent food.

Canned food cannot be 'decent food'.

I eat canned food every week. It tastes just fine. Your problem is is that you are a spoiled rotten brat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies