absentee/early vote thread, part 2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:31:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  absentee/early vote thread, part 2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: absentee/early vote thread, part 2  (Read 113413 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: November 02, 2016, 01:38:12 PM »

Returning to previous levels. If we take 2012 as a benchmark (using the 538 demographic calculator), a  10 point drop (which would be a recent historical low) in black turnout doesn't flip a state.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »

Another positive for D

John Harwood:

"Robby Mook notes on an early vote press call that Obama lost white millennials in 2012 -- a demo Clinton is winning right now, he says."

Eh... It does not sound plausible at all. Or? I though that she was underperforming among them nationally. If so (not 100% sure), I doubt she'll do better in NV.

White male millennials were 54-41 Romney and females 49-48 according to exit polls, but millennials are only 55% white and will I think drop below 50% by 2020.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 01:33:07 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2016, 01:35:19 PM by afleitch »

To prove my point about uneducated white voters (Reps and Dems) if Florida and other ~similar states. It is not completely off-topic here, since we were talking about Dixiecrats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/upshot/why-the-election-is-close-and-what-trump-and-obama-have-in-common.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

What looks like a 7 point drop for Clinton amongst those without a degree is amongst a group with a 55% turnout in 2012.

What looks like a 12 point jump in support for Clinton amongst those with a degree is amongst a group with a 78% turnout rate in 2012.

So for every vote lost (assuming no change in turnout correlation, even if white voters as a whole go up) through non college educated voters, she's picking up 2.4 amongst those who are college educated.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 09:39:11 AM »

Either way, Republicans perpetually getting only <25% of the Hispanic vote would be awful for their long-term electoral prospects. Even if Hispanic turnout only increases a little, their pop. growth is still significant and will continue to shrink the GOP's share of the electorate every 4 years like clockwork.
Culturally, Hispanics are much more closer to non-Hispanics white than to Blacks (at least in Sweden). They indeed might be assimilated into white culture. Blacks are though lost for GOP.

I might see how GOP transforms partly into "worker class party", still holds Whites, but "assimilates" more Hispanics.

Hispanics in Sweden?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies