voting patterns of the middle and upper class
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:58:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  voting patterns of the middle and upper class
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: voting patterns of the middle and upper class  (Read 300 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »

as someone who likes to analyze elections i think it goes beyond labelling things as a red or blue state as many of those members may be soft on their support and could defect if the opportunity arises.

One theory I've found is that much of the working class and poor people tend to be much closer in ideology and not have a wide varied amounts of views. They seem to be more representative of politics 50 years ago where they vote to be good citizens but don't necessarily know a whole lot about the candidates and it's much more like choosing pepsi over coke.

It seems that any political vitriol ever heard is from rivaling clans of the rich. These people tend to know a lot more about politics and are the most ideologically rigid. I kind of see the movie "The Revenge of the Nerds" as being representative of this. It seems that the upper class have sort of created lifestyle enclaves with areas on one hand like North Dallas County and NE Tarrant in Texas, much of North Fulton, East Cobb, Cherokee, Fulton in GA and on the other hand areas like San Mateo County, parts of West LA, Montgomery County MD etc.

With all the talk of a stereotypical mushy moderate suburban congressman, suburban congressman tend to be anything but moderate. Ever heard of Phil Crane or Sam Johnson?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:42:43 PM »

Suburbanites tend to be extra fearful (I'm sorry, "cautious" Tongue ) about anything that they perceive threatens their own piece of the "American Dream", so it's understandable that they would elect non-"moderate" (hopelessly vague term, lol) congresspeople.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies