The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:17:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 182761 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:59:25 PM »

McClatchy/Marist national poll, conducted Dec. 1-9:

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/usapolls/us161201/Trump_McClatchy-Marist%20Poll_December%202016.pdf

Trump
favorable 43%
unfavorable 52%

by region…
Midwest: +5
Northeast: -10
South: -5
West: -27

I find it interesting how the West hates him so much.

That's not interesting at all => CA.

What is interesting is that this is the second regional poll posted by Morden showing Trump being underwater in the South.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 11:55:49 PM »

McClatchy/Marist national poll, conducted Dec. 1-9:

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/usapolls/us161201/Trump_McClatchy-Marist%20Poll_December%202016.pdf

Trump
favorable 43%
unfavorable 52%

by region…
Midwest: +5
Northeast: -10
South: -5
West: -27

I find it interesting how the West hates him so much.

That's not interesting at all => CA.

I'd say it's interesting.  Before Trump came around, it was rare to see regional polls that showed a national Republican candidate (or president) doing worse in the West than the Northeast.  Sure, there's California, but the Rocky Mountain states moderate "the West" enough that it's not as far left as the Northeast.  But for Trump, in pretty much every single poll, he's in worse shape in the West than the Northeast.

Trump's weak wins in UT and AZ, and outright loss of NV (a state tailor-made for Trump) demonstrated that Trump was never so popular in the inhabited intermountain west. But the population of the urban CA/WA coast is so large, and its voters so negative to Trump, that it must strengthen the overall lean seen in the polls.

Does this represents any overall decline in the sunbelt conservatism so evident in the West as a whole starting from the 60s? I won't go that far.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 06:29:38 PM »

Trump's approval rating may only average in the high 30s throughout his term, but they are the the most important 30-something percent of the population. The majority-of-the-majority, so to speak.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 12:31:52 PM »

Again: it matters a great deal just who comprises this 35%-40% of the electorate that approves of Trump. If they are, as I deeply suspect, married whites with household incomes greater than 50000 a year, then Trump is not in any danger of facing a palace coup or a congressional GOP revolt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies