Opinion of Hagrid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:37:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Hagrid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Opinion of Hagrid  (Read 2570 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: November 14, 2016, 01:58:41 PM »

F-ck you all for forcing me to come back out of exile for a single post.

If you think Hagrid is an HP you have no joy in your heart. There is literally nothing wrong with this kid. Nothing. He does nothing to slight anyone. He's been through a lot personally and in many things has done a complete 180. That's not an easy thing to do, and unlike most posters on here has 180ed in a way that actually doesn't make him a crucifix clutching asshole. When I drop by on Facebook he's happy. He's enjoying life and doing and experiencing new things. Let him feel for f-cks sake.
I guess us "stupid rubes" aren't the most forgiving folks.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 10:07:58 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2016, 06:37:07 AM by White Trash »

I may be speaking entirely without context, and I will apologize and withdraw my point if that is the case. But how can I be expected to understand and empathize with someone who openly bashes my demographic often, because "they've been having a tough time"?

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 07:02:50 PM »

But how can I be expected to understand and empathize with someone who openly bashes my demographic often?

"how can hagrid be expected to understand and empathize with a demographic that has been the driving force of the dæmonization and persecution of his own?" was more or less my point

not asking you to agree with him – and i'm certainly gonna be trying to moderate my own more-divisive rhetoric over the next few years – but i hope you try to understand where he's coming from.

I think that's fair in theory, but it looks worse because we don't really have any "WWC" posters here who display open hatred for Hagrid's demographic (even Santender, LOL), while we have quite a few posters who do it the other way.  And, remember, Atlas is all that matters.
This is sort of the point I'm trying to communicate. I totally get what Evergreen is saying and I see her point as well. But here on Atlas no one is persecuting Hagrid because of his background, lifestyle or culture. But we have a good number of posters who are more than willing to denigrate a culture that I hold quite dear.

I don't hold Yankee culture in too high of a regard. It's just not for me. But I will never (unironically) use hurtful slurs in their direction or seek to downplay their role in society.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies