Reaction to this map?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:40:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Reaction to this map?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reaction to this map?  (Read 317 times)
iceman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2024, 06:28:20 AM »
« edited: May 03, 2024, 07:56:48 AM by iceman »

Reaction to this map of state calls by 9PM EST Nov 5, 2024?

edit: ok so let's modify it a bit, I uncalled Connecticut, Kansas and North Carolina, and showed the congressional district results for Nebraska and Maine and reversed it to atlas colors

Uncalled states which have already closed: AZ, NM, CO, MN, KS, WI, MI, PA, NC, VA, GA, NH, ME-AL, NJ, CT, RI.

Still voting: CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, ID, UT, MT, NV, IA

EC vote by 9PM EST:

Trump: 190
BIden: 77
RFK: 0
mjba257
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 07:07:41 AM »

Horrible for Biden. I expect FL and OH to be called quickly but with how fast NC was called as well as the fact TX would've been called exactly at 9 when polls in El Paso closed would show that Biden was simply not coming close to his benchmarks in the suburbs, meaning GA is very likely gone for him. But most damning would be NJ still not having been called, despite being closed for an hour. Probably doesn't bode well for Biden in PA.

As for CO, VA, NH, and NM, the fact that they weren't called right off the bat could mean exit polls just weren't showing a runaway win for Biden, again, possibly due to loss in suburban support.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 07:20:57 AM »

Likely Trump win due to NJ and RI not being called yet, though I suspect high third party vote in the latter (at least) and early voting dumps favouring Trump (like in Virginia) for New Jersey probably would explain this.

Probably leads to the normal expected Trump vic, Trump 2016 + NV. Potentially also MN, NH and ME (esp. given RI not being called yet really signals issues in Maine).

IL and NY being called, and IA not yet being called, probably means this isn't a total blowout, so not a landslide win either.
iceman
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 07:32:55 AM »

Likely Trump win due to NJ and RI not being called yet, though I suspect high third party vote in the latter (at least) and early voting dumps favouring Trump (like in Virginia) for New Jersey probably would explain this.

Probably leads to the normal expected Trump vic, Trump 2016 + NV. Potentially also MN, NH and ME (esp. given RI not being called yet really signals issues in Maine).

IL and NY being called, and IA not yet being called, probably means this isn't a total blowout, so not a landslide win either.

IA doesn’t close until 10 PM EST

along with NV, MT, UT
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 07:43:19 AM »

IA doesn’t close until 10 PM EST

along with NV, MT, UT

Ok yea i'm not familiar with what state closes when but than that probably suggests an even bigger Trump win potentially, because I feel like IA would be immediately called if WI would go R modestly and if MN is at danger.

I think if that was reality what you shown that it's basically already over.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 07:44:31 AM »

First of all Biden will win Rhode Island.

Does the grey mean "too close to call" or "too early to call"?

Biden could be leading in NJ but it could be "too early to call" without being as
close as a "too close to call state"
iceman
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 07:46:45 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2024, 07:50:50 AM by iceman »

First of all Biden will win Rhode Island.

Does the grey mean "too close to call" or "too early to call"?

Biden could be leading in NJ but it could be "too early to call" without being as
close as a "too close to call state"
Reaction to this map of state calls by 9PM EST Nov 5, 2024?

edit: ok so let's modify it a bit, I uncalled Connecticut, Kansas and North Carolina, and showed the congressional district results for Nebraska and Maine and reversed it to atlas colors

Uncalled states which have already closed: AZ, NM, CO, MN, KS, WI, MI, PA, VA, GA, NH, ME-AL, NJ, CT, RI.

I edited it a bit. States that are still voting are IA, ID, MT, UT, NV, CA, OR, WA, HI, AK

Duke of York

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 09:18:41 AM »

Trump is winning easily
iceman
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2024, 11:06:05 AM »

It’s still too close to call, it’s like 2004 election night.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2024, 11:55:47 AM »

TX being called by 9 PM ET while NJ isn’t means that Biden is greatly underperforming 2020 numbers greatly in the suburbs which means he is completely finished .

I’d say the map likely is 2016+ NV at a minimum with MN/NH/VA possible as well .

Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2024, 12:16:54 PM »

TX being called by 9 PM ET while NJ isn’t means that Biden is greatly underperforming 2020 numbers greatly in the suburbs which means he is completely finished .

I’d say the map likely is 2016+ NV at a minimum with MN/NH/VA possible as well .

Yes, Texas being called at Mountain Time poll closing is the huge tell here. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies