Congrats (really) Icespear!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:58:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Congrats (really) Icespear!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Congrats (really) Icespear!  (Read 1143 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 03:32:40 AM »

As a Republican, can i just say i'm mystified at the level of rancor between Clinton and Sanders supporters when their candidates are far more similar in style and substance than most the GOP candidates (with the obvious exceptions of Trump and, to a lesser degree, Cruz).

not to mention i'll never understand how interest in the Democratic race has rivaled or even eclipsed interest in the Republiican race, considering it's been obvious since Super Teusday that Cliinton's inherent structural advantages among minority voters and superdelegates made her nomination a foregone conclusion (notwithstanding the "Michigan Miracle"). Meanwhile, even after the mmost successful night of his campaign it is at best a 50/50 shot he'll avoid a brokered convention which he'd likely lose.

They're massively different on the issues.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 03:33:22 AM »

I'm not congratulating that bigoted piece of sh*t anymore, but congrats Hillary.

lol, you're STILL seething over that bait I threw out to lure out an Atlas double standard? It's time to take the advice of Idina Menzel and let it go. Wink

Nice to know you've taken the 'say it was a social experiment' advice from late-2000s 4chan to heart.

Most of my posts in the thread were genuine. But the initial ones were obvious bait. If you can't see that, I imagine you have a hard time on the internet.

I can see it, I just don't consider it morally operative, partly because I don't consider it to have demonstrated what you now claim it was trying to demonstrate. Put another way: It was obvious bait, the kind trolls use. Asshole.

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 07:10:25 AM »

Congrats on winning FIMNO. We need to let the remaining voters have their say, but I think it's fair to rate the nomination now as "Safe Clinton."
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 07:18:39 AM »

What it seems like is that the Democrats are beginning to coalesce around Clinton. Yeah Sanders will still win some states and more delegates, but for all intents and purposes this race is over.

Yes. Congrats to the Hillary supporters. Looks like it will be a Clinton / Trump race, which is unfortunate on many different levels.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 07:48:13 AM »

It's really crazy how much values change throughout the years. Had I had the same mindset in 2008 that I do now, I would've supported Clinton. I absolutely love Obama and I'm so glad that he's the President, but my priorities and views in life have really changed from a 17 year old to a 25 year old. And that's not even that long a time.

You're not alone. I went from far right to center-left in that timeframe.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies