Bernie gets booed by hundreds of protesters for several minutes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:58:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie gets booed by hundreds of protesters for several minutes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie gets booed by hundreds of protesters for several minutes  (Read 2898 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: July 26, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »

This just proves that some (not all) of Sanders and Trump supporters are driven by sheer negativity, not a wish to support that particular person.  For Trump, this was nicely framed by Anne Coulter, when she said that Donald Trump’s immigration policy is so awesome, she doesn’t care if he performs abortions in the White House.  Similarly the same ilk of Sanders voters want non-institutional chaos, irrespective of how it turns out. 

What is similar to both groups are that they are driven by the "have-nots" (typically blue collar whites), who believe that in the ensuing Trump/Sanders "revolution", they would materially prosper - for a lot of their supporters, this is all about "ME", not some grand cause.

Obviously I do not want to generalize - a lot of Sanders supporters are genuinely trying to promote progressive values; a lot of Trump supporters believe that the country could be better ran than it currently is.  But these loudmouths at the DNC convention and the David Duke segment of Trump's supporters definitely belong into the first category.

If you think this is a line of argument that would gain any traction with those opposed to Clinton, particularly after the different recent email "scandals", I think you are gravely mistaken.

When the leadership of the Democratic party is so openly about nothing but themselves, seeing them trying to raise the standard of enlightenment and rally the troops is insulting.

If Trump is elected (which I fervently hope he is not), I'd like to see his first act being tossing Hillary and the rest of the Clinton crew in jail to rot. They'll deserve it, if for nothing else, than for being so consumed by their own egos that they let the nation fall into the hands of Trump and his ilk.

(Now, back to looking for jobs in Canada.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies