North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:34:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans  (Read 15480 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« on: March 29, 2016, 10:00:52 AM »

Well, this is a silly law. It's even sillier it was passed and signed by the governor. NC is at risk of losing a lot of business now, which is a high price to pay to make sure everyone is using the correct restroom

You failed to define "correct".

Honestly, I don't think there's any coherent way to legislate the [Inks]ing bathroom issue one way or another.

What's the bathroom issue that needs correcting? That is, "one way or another" seems to imply that there's something happening in need of corrective action, but I haven't seen any evidence of this at all.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 12:01:45 PM »

You are really a gross, gross person.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »

Honestly, I don't think there's any coherent way to legislate the [Inks]ing bathroom issue one way or another.

What's the bathroom issue that needs correcting? That is, "one way or another" seems to imply that there's something happening in need of corrective action, but I haven't seen any evidence of this at all.

That's kind of my point, actually. Both attempting to legislatively prohibit or attempting to legislatively actively ensure that trans people can go to the bathroom they want to seem like futile, unenforceable-in-a-sane-society exercises.

Sure, though the latter one largely takes care of itself, where people "pass" (itself kind of a gross term, and dismissive toward others who don't fit it). The GOP actively ramping up hatred, though, and proposing to encourage monitoring of bathrooms, etc., is pretty insane.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 03:35:52 PM »

You are really a gross, gross person.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »

See that's why we want to ban hormone therapy and prohibit sex change operations from being covered by insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid. That way those women don't get to grow beards and still have to use the correct restroom.

Good to know you openly support effectively eliminating an entire group of people because you're uncomfortable with their existence.

That's the whole point: to keep things the way they've always been, and to put certain people back in their places.

...I thought you were openly gay? How on earth do you justify something with "that's the way things have always been"?

Being gay =/= automatically supporting transgender. My sexuality doesn't hinder my critical thinking skills.

Your sexuality doesn't hinder your critical thinking skills, your brain does.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »

What imposition on others is a result of LGBT equality? I'd have to imagine the person being murdered would have a pretty good argument against a theorized right to murder. And that's giving your analogy a million times more thought than it deserves.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies