IN-SEN: Brains or Braun? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:25:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Brains or Braun? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?  (Read 69096 times)
InheritTheWind

« on: March 27, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »

Why did Lugar lose so badly, and why did Stutzman lose so badly?

Idk about Stutzman, but Lugar and Bayh both lost their respective races so badly because they were (rightly, might I add) portrayed as being out-of-touch with Indiana, both of them barely living in the state anymore. In that sense, I think Donnelly is safe from a blowout- both Lugar and Bayh had a stench of "Washington insider" firmly on them, something that Donnelly is (probably) safe from. IMO, this is a toss-up.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2017, 03:13:39 PM by InheritTheWind »

Anonymous Senator in a state that favors the other party who only won because his opponent in his first race imploded and who we're told shouldn't be underestimated because he's a moderate and he's likely to face a mediocre opponent. Sounds familiar...

....I don't think I follow. Pryor? Blanche? Um... Begich? Udall? Kirk? Help me out here plz
I'm not too sure, but I can try to help you: It sounds like he's talking about a male Senator (his, he) who served only one term. Udall is far from a moderate and if anything, Colorado favors Democrats.
I think he's talking about Begich.

Using Begich to argue that Donnelly will lose is pretty silly, considering that Begich came close to winning in a very Republican year.

I wasn't talking about Begich but rather about the former Senator from the state that neighbors Indiana. Tongue I'm not saying Donnelly will lose that badly, though, I just think there are some interesting similarities here.

I mean, Kirk himself imploded in 2016. Remember what he said about Duckworth's heritage? As long as Donnelly stays away from attacking his opponent's parents, he has a fighting chance, just as Kirk did before he put his foot in his mouth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies