March 13 Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:09:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  March 13 Results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: March 13 Results  (Read 33533 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 13, 2012, 09:16:46 PM »

Santorum doing well in the Gulf Coast is interesting. Maybe for once he's actually doing well among Catholics? That would make a sort of sense, since in the South Catholics are much more "the other" than in the Rust Belt. That would be a very good sign for him in Louisiana.

Yes, and some of those Catholics are well, yes, you guessed it - Coonass Cajuns. Cajuns loved being called coonasses by the way. It is a term of endearment.

There's a huge difference between rural Catholics and urban Catholics in GOP primary voting. I would suspect the main reason why Romney has done well with rust belt Catholics overall is that Catholics are more likely to live in urban areas. If you look at the Catholic counties in the rural parts (of Ohio at least and Michigan shows this somewhat too) Romney lose to Santorum pretty badly.

That's my guess anyway.

Check the results in counties like van wert, auglaize, and mercer and you have your answer.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »

uh J.J., what urban areas in Mississippi are "still out"?  A few are underreported (the Jackson metro has gone from overreported to about parity) but I can't imagine that's enough for Romney to be anything but screwed.

Lauterdale, Lowndes, Washington.   Yazoo (not urban), where Santorum is running third, is about 30% in.  Jackson is 90% in.  It is an outside chance, but it is a tight race.

You have quite the expansive definition of 'urban'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies