The ban just enacted includes legal US residents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:33:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The ban just enacted includes legal US residents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The ban just enacted includes legal US residents  (Read 4356 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 28, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »

This is not the country I recognize growing up in. I don't know what this is, but I've never been more disgusted with anything political than I am with this administration. If anyone doubts we're quickly transforming into an Erdogan/Putin style state, they need to remove their head from their ass.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »

This is not the country I recognize growing up in. I don't know what this is, but I've never been more disgusted with anything political than I am with this administration. If anyone doubts we're quickly transforming into an Erdogan/Putin style state, they need to remove their head from their ass.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1921-1936/immigration-act

Terrorist attacks by random Muslims occurring in the U.S. every other week probably was not a part of the country you recognize growing up in, either. Trump didn't create that. Reagan/Clinton/Bush/Obama did.

I know very well about the history of US immigration laws - all of which were disgustingly racist and xenophobic. And you can stop that stupid, ridiculous, and dangerous lie about "terrorist attacks by random Muslims occurring in the US every other week" because it's a LIE. Lies exist; they aren't "alternative facts," they're lies. You told a lie. You're a flat-out liar and should be ashamed of yourself. Terrorist attacks perpetrated by Islamist extremists are rare and far less of a threat than terrorism by crazy white men. An infinitesimally small number of Muslims ever commit a terrorist activity and an incredibly small number support such extremism. The number one target of that extremism is other Muslims that those fanatics within the Salafi movement have labeled Kafirs because they do not recognize their Shahada as legitimate. You are little better than the extremists you and your President seek to block from our country, and this policy will do nothing to stop terrorism. It'll just add more fuel to their fire and discourage the Muslim community from reporting suspected extremists to the government. Brilliant!

Gawd, I have to seriously bite my tongue dealing with you people.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 05:21:53 PM »

Large protests occurring outside JFK airport demanding the release of the detained people in the airport.

Good for them! I wrote my Congressman and both of my Senators a few minutes ago. I hope everyone else here who's outraged by this will write theirs as well. Sitting around complaining on an internet forum certainly won't do anything; writing/calling our elected officials and protesting might.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies