The ban just enacted includes legal US residents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 09:18:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The ban just enacted includes legal US residents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The ban just enacted includes legal US residents  (Read 4380 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« on: January 28, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »

The only problem I have with this temporary shutdown is that it does not go anywhere near far enough to be useful. It should cover terrorism hotspots such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Pakistan, as well, at minimum.
Eharding

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »

Of all the Muslim terrorists who have successfully attacked the United States, none of them would've been caught by this ban.

-Pretty much, which is why I think it should be vastly expanded.
Eharding

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »

This is not the country I recognize growing up in. I don't know what this is, but I've never been more disgusted with anything political than I am with this administration. If anyone doubts we're quickly transforming into an Erdogan/Putin style state, they need to remove their head from their ass.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1921-1936/immigration-act

Terrorist attacks by random Muslims occurring in the U.S. every other week probably was not a part of the country you recognize growing up in, either. Trump didn't create that. Reagan/Clinton/Bush/Obama did.
Eharding

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 04:39:59 PM »

This is not the country I recognize growing up in. I don't know what this is, but I've never been more disgusted with anything political than I am with this administration. If anyone doubts we're quickly transforming into an Erdogan/Putin style state, they need to remove their head from their ass.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1921-1936/immigration-act

Terrorist attacks by random Muslims occurring in the U.S. every other week probably was not a part of the country you recognize growing up in, either. Trump didn't create that. Reagan/Clinton/Bush/Obama did.

I know very well about the history of US immigration laws - all of which were disgustingly racist and xenophobic. And you can stop that stupid, ridiculous, and dangerous lie about "terrorist attacks by random Muslims occurring in the US every other week" because it's a LIE. Lies exist; they aren't "alternative facts," they're lies. You told a lie. You're a flat-out liar and should be ashamed of yourself. Terrorist attacks perpetrated by Islamist extremists are rare and far less of a threat than terrorism by crazy white men. An infinitesimally small number of Muslims ever commit a terrorist activity and an incredibly small number support such extremism. The number one target of that extremism is other Muslims that those fanatics within the Salafi movement have labeled Kafirs because they do not recognize their Shahada as legitimate. You are little better than the extremists you and your President seek to block from our country, and this policy will do nothing to stop terrorism. It'll just add more fuel to their fire and discourage the Muslim community from reporting suspected extremists to the government. Brilliant!

Gawd, I have to seriously bite my tongue dealing with you people.

-Every other month, then. Still far more than when you grew up.

"Terrorist attacks perpetrated by Islamist extremists are rare and far less of a threat than terrorism by crazy white men."

-Compare the death count from both in 2016. Who's lying here?

What happened to anarchist terrorism when the 1924 immigration act was signed into law?
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 06:25:53 PM »

Protestors shouting "No Ban, No Registry, F*** White Supremacy" outside of JFK

That probably won't help anything.

What the *** does it hurt? If you want to tssk tssk protesters for using foul language to attack this legitimately bad policy, then you need a wake up call.

I've been critical of this policy pretty much all day. Not sure what your problem is.

It hurts in that the protestors are completely missing the point by injecting racial BS into this.
'What's the big deal? It's only 90 days' isn't critical.  It's excuse making.

Never once said it wasn't a big deal.

It definitely came across that way.

Also, Ben Sasse and Justin Amash have also put out statements opposing the ban. Sasse called it "too broad" and Amash said it was " not lawful"

If these guys aren't careful they're going to get primaried.

-Not sure about Sasse, but there's no way Amash is getting primaried. MI's third went for Lyin' Ted Cruz.
Eharding

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 06:56:01 PM »

And the GOP refuses to disavow the Executive Order because they're too terrified to stand up to Trump. I hope they're all happy with their position in history after this. Banning Muslims from war torn areas is going to be a black stain on our country's soul.

But they sold their soul to Trump for pennies and now they're reaping the paltry rewards. 

-No; not impeaching Obama for creating ISIS is a black stain on our country's soul. Banning Muslims is common-sense.

I understand you are a "devoutly pro-Protestant European America," as evidenced by the other thread we were engaging in, where you started screaming about the brown people from Mexico, and have some racial and apparent tolerance issues, and you're deeply scared of the evil Muslims, but let's just be clear that your statement falls short of an IQ of a gerbil. I've explained herein why the Muslim ban is retarded beyond all measure and your belief that Obama created ISIS is a sterling example that you don't understand the concept of how Islamic insurgencies happen.

-I'm not even Protestant. Japan doesn't have all that many problems, so I'd consider open borders with Japan. I'm not "deeply scared of the evil Muslims", though I do think a Muslim ban is more than justified, one far more expansive than Trump's actual one.

Yes; Trump was right Obama created ISIS, and I know far more about its rise than you think.
Eharding

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 07:23:47 PM »

What happened to anarchist terrorism when the 1924 immigration act was signed into law?

Replaced by acts like the 1927 Bath school bombing in Bath, Michigan?

-Was that really terrorism, though? The guy didn't have much of a cause. More like standard-issue workplace violence.
Eharding

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 07:29:45 PM »

And the GOP refuses to disavow the Executive Order because they're too terrified to stand up to Trump. I hope they're all happy with their position in history after this. Banning Muslims from war torn areas is going to be a black stain on our country's soul.

But they sold their soul to Trump for pennies and now they're reaping the paltry rewards. 

-No; not impeaching Obama for creating ISIS is a black stain on our country's soul. Banning Muslims is common-sense.

I understand you are a "devoutly pro-Protestant European America," as evidenced by the other thread we were engaging in, where you started screaming about the brown people from Mexico, and have some racial and apparent tolerance issues, and you're deeply scared of the evil Muslims, but let's just be clear that your statement falls short of an IQ of a gerbil. I've explained herein why the Muslim ban is retarded beyond all measure and your belief that Obama created ISIS is a sterling example that you don't understand the concept of how Islamic insurgencies happen.

-I'm not even Protestant. Japan doesn't have all that many problems, so I'd consider open borders with Japan. I'm not "deeply scared of the evil Muslims", though I do think a Muslim ban is more than justified, one far more expansive than Trump's actual one.

Yes; Trump was right Obama created ISIS, and I know far more about its rise than you think.

Given you do acknowledge that you want a European-American dominated country, we're not going to see eye to eye on this.

And no, you don't know more about its rise than I think. I know exactly how much you think you know and how much you actually know, and the average comes out to zero.

-Demonstrate.
Eharding

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 10:24:05 PM »

I do enjoy watching the usual suspects come squawking out of of the hen-house after the eight year presidency of Barack Obama, which was basically based around executed orders.
Can you for a minute not be such a heartless wretch and see what this for what it is.  Try to not be some cold bastard for once in your life.
I have plenty of warmth for people who have the right to be here, rest assured. I have yet to hear any reason from you besides "it's the right thing to do" and I suspect that I'll only receive a barely comprehensible, profanity laced, ALL CAPS response.

I don't post here that often nowadays, but I support the stay. I legitimately feel for the people who were stuck in the airport and those who are already here should be allowed to stay. I however the idea of this Executive Order, but it was terribly worded and should be repealed and replaced with a more narrow and less vague order which allows religious minorities and those who helped the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The stay only applies to those currently detained, new people coming in are still blocked

I dont think thats true.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/825530500668354560
https://mobile.twitter.com/Reuters/status/825525912447963138
https://mobile.twitter.com/dale_e_ho/status/825525311278284800
Religious minorities (ie, persecuted Christians) are being put on the top of the list. I find that to be horribly wrong. If we take people in, we should take them in on a first come first serve basis. I don't see why a Syrian Christian has anymore of a right to be here then a Muslim from Aleppo, and in either case, neither of them have an actual right to be here.

So basically not being white means you have no right to be here?
Not being a US citizen means you have no right to be here. A green-card is not citizenship. You have a right to leave America, but not one to enter.

Why is it okay to leave people to die because they don't have citizenship papers?

-They're not being left to die, and America is not a sewer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies