when will reilgous influence die on a politcal level? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:13:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  when will reilgous influence die on a politcal level? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: when will reilgous influence die on a politcal level?  (Read 3112 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 09, 2016, 09:31:23 PM »

Never.

It's honestly pretty funny that Atlas is dreaming of some random future where atheistic (or Christian-In-Name-Only) norms are the only ones present in politics, while in the real world, Roe vs. Wade is set to die as soon as Ginsburg leaves SCOTUS.
ProLife opposition to Roe V. Wade has nothing to do with religion.

Yes it does, at least for many of us. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:24:58 AM »

Never.

It's honestly pretty funny that Atlas is dreaming of some random future where atheistic (or Christian-In-Name-Only) norms are the only ones present in politics, while in the real world, Roe vs. Wade is set to die as soon as Ginsburg leaves SCOTUS.
ProLife opposition to Roe V. Wade has nothing to do with religion.

Yes it does, at least for many of us. 

I know of a number of pro-life atheists and used to be one myself. If anything, the pro-life position comes more naturally under an atheistic worldview than a Christian one.

Fair enough, but I was just saying that religion has a big influence on many folks' opinions of abortion, myself included as a staunch pro-life Christian.  I certainly don't deny that there is a strong contingent of secular pro-lifers as well, however.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies