Collapse of the US power
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:22:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Collapse of the US power
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Collapse of the US power  (Read 617 times)
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 09, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »

Prediction from a norwayian professor.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-us-power-to-collapse-predicted-ussr-fall-johan-galtung-a7460516.html
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 07:20:49 PM »

You don't have to be a genius to see this

After all of Trump’s rhetoric about America not being respected, ironically it's not respected anymore because of him and the GOP in general...especially after Bush's disastrous Iraq war calamity

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 07:41:43 PM »

I'm frankly a bit tired of our unipolar world order, particularly because the US has not shown it is deserving of the title of the world superpower, but for it to fall from grace to such an extent in four short years would require a historic collapse, economic or otherwise.  Then again, if there's one person who can ruin the country in such a short period, it's Trump.
Mike67
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »

I think the US is declining as a world power just like Great Britain did following WW2.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 07:51:47 PM »

*yawn*
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 08:42:22 PM »

I think the US is declining as a world power just like Great Britain did following WW2.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 08:48:23 PM »

uk did decline .....the US chooses to decline.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 09:17:50 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2016, 09:24:32 PM by Cashew »

The United States has advantages that Britain never did. In the worst case scenario, we still enjoy dominance of the western hemisphere.

Excluding successful separatist movements, there will be no "collapse" in U.S. power.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 09:28:16 PM »

The United States has advantages that Britain never did. It remains doubtful that separatist movements will carve out significant parts of the american economy. In the worst case scenario, we still enjoy dominance of the western hemisphere.

It was doubtful that we'd get President Pussygrabber would win, too.

In a best-case scenario, he doesn't have anything to do with military operations and diplomacy. At the  most, he'd demand a war somewhere, and leave ALL the details to people who aren't insane orange idiots.

More likely, he'll regularly inject himself into foreign affairs, making messes as he goes. Worse, he might try to micromanage something like invading Iran. After all, like a certain corporal (no, not that one, the one with the mustache), he thinks he knows better than the generals.
Jesus save us
NJR
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 03:52:59 PM »

If Trump cuts into American overextension by dumping NATO, does this count as a collapse of American power? On this hand it means foreign influence weakens, and on this hand it means America isn't carry their burden and becomes richer? Perhaps it's balanced?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 04:04:55 PM »

Trump was elected because the USA was declining.

But alas, not to fear, a USA team will win the World Series baseball championship next year.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »

The United States has advantages that Britain never did. In the worst case scenario, we still enjoy dominance of the western hemisphere.

Excluding successful separatist movements, there will be no "collapse" in U.S. power.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »

I've long wanted the US to stop being the world's police, but I can't say I wanted to have it happen this way. In every apparent instance, the US is the strongest world power, but it is declining very fast. Personally, I think we're going back to the pre-superpower age and back to the age of Great Powers. (I don't blame that on Trump or anyone preceding him. It's more of a culmination of circumstances.) Having a strong military and nuclear weapons isn't enough to be a superpower. I'm not even sure the US is a true superpower anymore.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »

who do you think is catching us?  (please don't say China please don't say China please don't say China please don't say China please don't say China)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 01:54:06 PM »

Nothing has changed in the last month to cause us to start declining.  Trump isnt even president yet.  If anything our place in the world has become stronger in the past 4 years.  This thread is so 2009.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 02:01:55 PM »

The very fact that Russia wants us to become more isolationist and protectionist (because that would obviously serve their interests) should be enough of an impetus for us to go the opposite direction. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 10:29:21 PM »

The very fact that Russia wants us to become more isolationist and protectionist (because that would obviously serve their interests) should be enough of an impetus for us to go the opposite direction. 

Why?  In determining what is in the best interests of the US, what Putin wants us to do should be entirely irrelevant.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies