Drain the swamp (lol) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:27:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Drain the swamp (lol) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Drain the swamp (lol)  (Read 2358 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: December 10, 2016, 04:43:02 PM »

Original! Great take!

This is exactly what I felt promised. The savviest people from the business world to manage inefficient government and win win win big league. Live it!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 09:13:24 PM »

It's not really surprising he would hire CEOs of large corporations.  This is Trump's world and these are the people he knows. The problem with this of course is that working in the private sector where your job is to maximize profit even if that means breaking laws (or finding ways so that the laws don't affect your business) is very different than being a public servant where your job is the exact opposite.  You're basically asked to switch from being selfish to being selfless and I'm not sure how easy that is or how willing they are to do it.
You expect people to take your post seriously by saying this?...

...yes? Corporations are literally not ALLOWED to be run for any other reason in this country.
Destroying shareholder value by conducting business illegally is how businesses are supposed to be run? Read the original post again.

Also, there is a big difference between maximizing book profit and shareholder value.

It pains me so much to be a leftist right now when people make arguments devoid of facts. It's getting incredibly difficult to rationalize lately.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 08:36:59 AM »

Yes, surely the crashing of our retirement accounts will drive us poor rich Trump voters to suicide as that's the only thing that's gonna fix the life expectancy disparity.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 04:00:11 PM »

Great news!

Just as I didn't care about Clinton's Goldman speeches, I don't care about Trump's Goldman cabinet. Goldman is the best bank, because in 2007-08 when all the other banks were going under, Goldman was making money. Criticizing Goldman while a former anti-semite is their party chief is not going to be good look for Democrats, to be sure.

There's a case to be made that other banks were going under because Goldman had screwed them over, and that Goldman was making money because the Feds were bailing out their bad bets.

That only impresses me more. Imagine how they will win for our government now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies