What is Obama's plan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:02:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What is Obama's plan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is Obama's plan?  (Read 7532 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: March 03, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »

How is Obama going to pay for all the things he's giving to people? We're already in Trillions of dollars of debt, and unless he cuts things raising taxes won't be enough without making things more ridiculous then they already are. The only reason I think Obama will win is that he's a Democrat, and no one wants the moral values of Conservatives forced upon them.

You are exactly right.  Four more years of Obama at the helm and this country will be much further in debt than we already are.  What the nation needs is sensible and responsible fiscal management, not uncontrolled spending.  That is why I support Romney for President, a proven manager and executive both in the private and public spheres.  

And welcome to the forum.    

This.

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2012, 03:19:55 PM by Politico »

@Tidewater_Wave, Politico and BYUmormon, please, explain something to this foreigner who is kinda lost about you guys:

- the policy of the Republican Party, during Bush43, destroyed your economy;

I did not support the Bush Administration, but the above is hogwash. The removal of Glass-Steagall was signed by Clinton. The Community Reinvestment Act was passed by Democrats before Reagan was even president, and it was strengthened under Clinton. Most of the lawsuits filed, or threatened to be filed, against banks for not giving out loans to minorities were undertaken by lawyers affiliated with the Democratic Party.

There are plenty of discussions about the sub-prime mortgage crisis in the Economics Forum (In short, various policies/measures passed by both aisles over the past few decades created the incentives that led to the poor results, with poor oversight by the bureaucracies in the process). The line "the Republican Party/Bush destroyed the economy" is about as true as "Bush caused the high gas prices." Comments like that make for great politics, and this year the shoe will be dropping on the other side (i.e., on Obama for high gas prices, stagnating eocnomy, etc.), but they are not well-grounded in reality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies