StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:30:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie  (Read 4016 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 01:42:49 PM »

Can someone tell me why StatesRights remains so popular throughout the Southeast, despite his nearly succeeding at provoking a civil war the last time he was at the helm, not to mention his attempt at making himself a sort of quasi-dictator? And why are otherwise moderate-to-liberal Democrats voting for such a far-right candidate over a moderate like Governor Dubya?

I'd vote for him if I lived in the region for one reason: His name is not Governor DUBYA. No one with a reference to Bush in their name will ever receive my vote.

haha
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 02:08:56 PM »

Good question Frodo.  I wish that we had you in our region.

I think it is clear that Dave rejects any blue avatar, regardless of ideology.

Can someone tell me why StatesRights remains so popular throughout the Southeast, despite his nearly succeeding at provoking a civil war the last time he was at the helm, not to mention his attempt at making himself a sort of quasi-dictator? And why are otherwise moderate-to-liberal Democrats voting for such a far-right candidate over a moderate like Governor Dubya?

I'm pretty sure Harry "owes" StatesRights after States' supported him in the Presidential race. Preston seemed very supportive of States' actions when he was Governor, but I don't know what Dave was thinking.

Not strictly true, Don. I seem to recall supporting George W Bush when he was a moderate Rep, with a "blue" avatar running for the Senate, until some scandal forced him to withdraw. Then I supported SamSpade and have continued to do so ever since

As far as supporting States goes, well, I'm allowed the odd relapse into political anomaly

Yes, I'm not proud of the KKK past - but I'm proud of the paternalist and benevolent society that preceded the Civil War

Dave
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »

Yes, I'm not proud of the KKK past - but I'm proud of the paternalist and benevolent society that preceded the Civil War

You mean the society built on the backs and blood of enslaved blacks?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 02:51:24 PM »

shameful past??? What are you talking about. The south should not be shameful of NOTHING.

Nothing.

Lynchings were common in west towns during the frontier era. Does that mean westerners should keep hunted by that ghost of their past?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:02 PM »

Lynchings were common in west towns during the frontier era. Does that mean westerners should keep hunted by that ghost of their past?

Yes.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:46 PM »

Quit laying the 'sins' of 2% of the population on the rest of the 98% that never owned a single slave. And the north was built by slaves as well. Like DC? Thank the slaves.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 02:57:04 PM »

And would you agree that this society was "paternalistic and benevolent"?

Quit laying the 'sins' of 2% of the population on the rest of the 98% that never owned a single slave. And the north was built by slaves as well. Like DC? Thank the slaves.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 03:08:43 PM »

And would you agree that this society was "paternalistic and benevolent"?

Certainly they were.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2005, 03:29:53 PM »

New York City was constructed by slaves? Sure, the North was racist as hell, but at least they did not own slaves past around 1800 or so.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2005, 03:50:13 PM »

New York City was constructed by slaves? Sure, the North was racist as hell, but at least they did not own slaves past around 1800 or so.

Some parts had slaves up into the 1820s at the longest. Yes, the north didn't have black slaves. Their slaves were the Irish "low lifes" that came over during the famine and although they were "paid" they had no actual freedom to leave the factory since many times the factories had bought them and to leave would mean to be sent back to the hell hole called Ireland.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2005, 04:50:05 PM »

Yes.

And it should be used as a warning to never let things like that happen again in this country.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2005, 06:47:41 PM »

Let me just say Don, that I am directly responsible for the enslavement of blacks, that I am directly responsible for the lynchings of blacks, and that I am a big advoctate of cross burning, as is everyone else who voted for StatesRights.  You're not being a partisan hack at all!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2005, 06:53:47 PM »

Let me just say Don, that I am directly responsible for the enslavement of blacks, that I am directly responsible for the lynchings of blacks, and that I am a big advoctate of cross burning, as is everyone else who voted for StatesRights.  You're not being a partisan hack at all!
I know, me too!  I hate blacks!  I'm 200 years old and personally have whipped and hanged quite a many.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2005, 07:10:01 PM »

Before I say the following, I should state that I have no problem with StatesRights on a personal level.  However, I fail to see why otherwise sensible people are putting the man's apparent pride in an arbitrary region of the country over his actual political views.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2005, 07:22:15 PM »

It should be duly noted that htmldon did not bring up slavery.  The SAP did when they tried to define their Party by the borders of the old slave owning states.  It may have been a slip of the tongue, but you can't possibly have believed you'd get off scott free for it, did you?  Take your lumps and move on with life.

It should also be noted that htmldon only brought up lynching when josh22 made the ludicrous statement that the south had nothing to be ashamed of.  Does anyone really believe that?  So again, take your lumps and move on with life.

It should be noted as well that its more than a little bit unconvincing to call htmldon, former Governor of the Southeast, a person with an anti-Southeast vendetta.  You can't believe that, either, now do you?  Take your lumps and move on with life.

The SAp will win this election anyway.  I'm able to move on from the Civil War and let a Forum Legend be Governor again, so what?  At least there's one election this month where ideology matters less to voters than how much they like the candidate personally.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2005, 07:34:59 PM »

It should be duly noted that htmldon did not bring up slavery.  The SAP did when they tried to define their Party by the borders of the old slave owning states.  It may have been a slip of the tongue, but you can't possibly have believed you'd get off scott free for it, did you?  Take your lumps and move on with life.
I'm not really interested in who mentioned slavery or who did it first, the gist I'm getting from these grisly pictures that Don posted is that somehow anyone who doesn't follow Don's political beliefs on some certain issues is a segregationist or someone who wants go back to old times, which I am not.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I believe the South has plenty to be ashamed of, but I think what Josh was trying to say is that so does every region, and history revisionists like to paint a picture where the South was the only region that participated in these atrocities.

When did anyone say that?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2005, 09:19:11 PM »

Please read the post.

Josh said the south had "NOTHING" to be ashamed of.

I posted some pictures of something the south should be ashamed of - and that I as a southerner am ashamed of.

End of story.

I'm not really interested in who mentioned slavery or who did it first, the gist I'm getting from these grisly pictures that Don posted is that somehow anyone who doesn't follow Don's political beliefs on some certain issues is a segregationist or someone who wants go back to old times, which I am not.

I believe the South has plenty to be ashamed of, but I think what Josh was trying to say is that so does every region, and history revisionists like to paint a picture where the South was the only region that participated in these atrocities.

When did anyone say that?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2005, 09:52:58 PM »

Please read the post.

I posted some pictures of something the south should be ashamed of - and that I as a southerner am ashamed of.

End of story.
The statement that the South has nothing to be ashamed of is of course untrue, but why aren't we posting gruesome pictures of lynchings that occured in New Mexico or Maryland?  Better yet, let's not post gruesome pictures at all.  Quit dwelling in the past, that's not going to get us anywhere.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2005, 10:00:25 PM »

Please read the post.

End of story.
The statement that the South has nothing to be ashamed of is of course untrue, but why aren't we posting gruesome pictures of lynchings that occured in New Mexico or Maryland?  Better yet, let's not post gruesome pictures at all.  Quit dwelling in the past, that's not going to get us anywhere.

To move on from the past, we must first accept the past.  Stop trying to make other regions the issue.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2005, 10:03:33 PM »

StatesRight's signature:

An example of your party's banners:

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2005, 10:48:19 PM »

I am not a member of the Southern Alliance Party...  Huh

Please read the post.

End of story.

To move on from the past, we must first accept the past. Stop trying to make other regions the issue.
How have I not accepted the past?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2005, 12:19:18 AM »

Got a problem with my signature? I see you conviently didn't put the quote on the bottom in your little snapshot. Why don't you try putting down the left wing history books and stop reading your revisionist bullsh*t for once?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2005, 01:12:54 AM »

I am not a member of the Southern Alliance Party...  Huh

Please read the post.

End of story.

To move on from the past, we must first accept the past. Stop trying to make other regions the issue.
How have I not accepted the past?

I wasn't really referring to you, so no offense meant.  I was referring to a gneral group of people like josh who don't want to accept history as it is, all 6,000 years of it.  Sorry, couldn't resist.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2005, 01:16:04 AM »

LOL, oh, ok.  No hard feelings.  Smiley
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2005, 03:52:11 AM »

I have a question for Don.
Which region has nothing to be ashemed?
Is the West better just because instead of whites lynching blacks, it was whites lynching other whites?
What about New England treatment of the Irish, in which they even founded public schools, the greatest scourge in America, to inoctrinate them into the protestant culture?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies