Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:40:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Which system would you prefer for calculating battles?
Dice

Random Number Generator

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread  (Read 30376 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 10:41:11 PM »

Turn is open, let the fighting resume Smiley

It will close next Sunday evening. Let me know if I missed anything or anything looks wrong, I have 700 PMs and lots of research to sort through Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 02:13:57 PM »

It will come at the end of the turn, per usual. Some players wait longer to sumbit military orders than others, so it makes sense for the military updates to come with the close of each turn.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 02:04:51 PM »

I've gotten several inquiries and just so it's clear the turn will close tomorrow evening.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2017, 05:07:00 PM »

I am willing to give you a day extension to respond to the prompts, though I'm fairly hesistant to delay the military update. So, in essence, the military update would still come tonight while I'll accept your orders until tomorrow evening. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, seeing as the Papal States are not technically fighting in the war.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2017, 10:26:06 PM »

Calculating the results, looks to be quite interesting so far. Smiley

The most casualties per turn so far though, I believe Sad

Should be up tonight.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 12:29:04 AM »

Working on the update, will ideally have it posted tomorrow evening.

I am awaiting word from TimTurner and Henry Wallace on whether they wish to continue, either as their same Kingdom or perhaps a different realm (Genoa, Sardinia-Piedmont, the Netherlands, and Poland are all options). I'd like to recieve confirmation from both before I move forward, though in the meantime I've been drafting the prompts for the other players (I can always edit them back in after the turn starts should I not hear back in time).

I would agree with the earlier observation that this is much more interesting than the actual Seven Years War, the ideas and orders have been quite creative, making for a very interesting geopolitical situation. Smiley

Also sorry to see X go, though I can completely understand.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »

Just an update, TimTurner will be rejoining as Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia-Piedmont. HenryWallace will take on Regent Catherine in Russia. Dereich has expressed a desire to take on Austria as (the regent for Joseph) Francis I, who is naturally going to have to make some very tough decisions right off of the bat.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »

Turn is up, open for 1 week. Let me know (via PM) if I missed anything, or something doesn't look right. I'm in a bit of a hurry right now, so stuff may have been missed/messed up Wink

I plan for several events to be posted soon, so stay posted Smiley

Let the fighting resume!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 07:04:16 PM »

There are certain issues with things going on OOC, that makes me consider leaving the game.

Please PM me with your concerns.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2017, 03:03:44 PM »

Just to confim, the turn does end Wednesday evening. Each turn lasts exactly 1 week from when the prompts are posted. If you all want faster turns (which I'd be fine with, like 5 days instead of 7) I would require confirmation from every player.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2017, 03:51:58 PM »

Just to confim, the turn does end Wednesday evening. Each turn lasts exactly 1 week from when the prompts are posted. If you all want faster turns (which I'd be fine with, like 5 days instead of 7) I would require confirmation from every player.
I propose this following compromise: 5 days instead of 7 but with the possibility of a 2 days extension if a player asks it.

I would have to disagree with the proposal, just because I think consistency is paramount.

Thus far I've avoided turn extensions, something I'd like to continue. They can become fatal to activity as turns get dragged on further and further.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 10:39:35 PM »

If we adopt a 5 day turn, does it affect the current turn?

No, it would begin with the next one.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2017, 07:33:43 PM »

Still missing orders from several players. 24 hours to go.

I encourage you all to send them in as soon as they're ready and not at the last minute. It makes setting everything up for the battles and their results much easier, decreases the time calculating takes, and allows for me to get to work on the next turn.

I have obligations until late tomorrow evening, but if everything goes well I'd still probably be able to get the results up (late my time).

Thanks Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 10:21:01 PM »

Turn is closed, may the best strategist win Wink

I do have some interesting NPC events (any guesses as to where?) that will be emerging this turn as well, hopefully Europe will be quite shaken Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »

So I was typing the military update, probably 70% done, and the processor I was working on crashed, causing me to lose all the work of my last 45-50 minutes. Beyond furious right now. Angry

I'll start again, but I can no longer guarantee 100% it will be up tonight.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2017, 02:07:11 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2017, 02:08:44 AM by Spamage »

Wow, that's bloody impressive how quickly you managed to put a new update despite previous technical difficulty!

Thanks!

Luckily I still had the results, though typing it all out again was a pain. The miliary descriptions were not as complete as I planned, but I figured the update I posted was satisfactory.

Honestly was quite suprised at the outcome myself. I think calculating battles and war results has become my favorite part of moderating a game, especially given the unpredictability of it all Smiley

I'm off to bed now, hope everything looks okay. I'll start to work on the next turn opening tomorrow, with it hopefully posted by Friday.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2017, 09:27:17 PM »

Spamage rightfully pointed out to me the turn hasn't really begun, so I deleted the last two posts including my treaty with Sweden to post them again once the turn has actually started. From a fellow GM to another, my apologies.

Not a huge deal, it just helps with drawing the lines between turns. I appreciate it Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2017, 07:16:31 PM »

I really hate to do this, but after the second consecutive turn with no direct response to the prompts (or activity as far as I can tell) I am going to have to declare Spain as vacant.

I'd rather have the Kingdom as a Non-Player country than have it paralyzed with very little overall being done. Spain remained a formidable player during this time period, so no diplomacy or domestic activity is simply not an option.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »

The game can continue without a player as Spain, but I'd be more than happy to welcome a new player or accept the offer of one of the small players for a chance to switch (first come, first served and all that)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 01:04:08 AM »
« Edited: September 09, 2017, 01:10:00 AM by Spamage »

Turn is open, as I have still not heard from everyone regarding turn length, it will be open until the evening of 9/15 (at least until further notice).

I am still willing to accept entrants or switches to Spain, hence the posting of it as usual. Until that time, communications to them can be sent through me.

I think I got most stuff in, though (per usual) if there are any errors or concerns PM me. I've crossed 1,000 PMs from the game as of earlier today Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2017, 10:42:05 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2017, 10:44:03 AM by Spamage »

Turn is open, as I have still not heard from everyone regarding turn length, it will be open until the evening of 9/15 (at least until further notice).

This turn will last as originally expected.

Even though I haven't heard from everyone, I am going to declare that next turn will be 5 days (that being the new length moving forward)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »

Turn is now closed.

When can we expect the military update? I ask only to know which day I'll be rather nervous, lol

Hopefully tonight, it may be easier considering there's less major belligerents in the War.

The news will come this evening also. From what I see so far, poor Europe... Sad
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2017, 11:32:48 AM by Spamage »

I'm saddened by the loss of two excellent players and, though I hoped the situation could be resolved, this does not seem to be the case so far. Sad

I need a couple of days to think about the game and its future. I'm skeptical it will be able to continue without two of the most active participants, unless others come forward willing to take up their powers. I've put alot of hours into writing news, prompts, and updates so it's a little disheartening to see the situation change so suddenly.

I would like to note that players have a bit of a tendency to overreact to the outcomes of one turn. One side was even considering peace after the first turn of the War, upset over the outcomes. Just because one side or the other had a good six months does not mean the fight has been decided, something I think everyone would do well to remember.

Thank you for your patience.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »

OK, this is the first time I'm requesting such a thing, but I'd like to have pause in the game to see if this can be solved.

I had a great chemistry with Lumine and I honestly can't see myself proceeding as usual if he departs.
I'm fine with that.

I too would like to have it pause while this is sorted out and so I can reassess where we stand.

Peope can keep posting in the gameplay thread, but the update will be slightly delayed.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2017, 10:33:48 AM »

I'd need some extra time to study things, since I'm saddled with Prussians now as well :/
Well,
I suggest exceptionnally for this turn, that would be a 7 days turn (or more if necessary) so that you should let more time to study.
But I think it is vital that the game restarts in the gameplay thread as soon as possible.

I will start on the update tonight, likely finishing and posting it tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies