Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:52:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates  (Read 16844 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: February 09, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »

Forum Paultards: have any of you seen any actual Iowa precinct reports regarding county delegate selection? I've seen Paul campaign stuff saying they have the delegates to control the caucuses of "all the small counties" as well as some people claiming "statewide, 70% of county delegates are Paul supporters," but I haven't found any concrete or even anecdotal evidence to support these assertions.     

Bacontard: All you can get is hearsay from people that have been to these caucuses.  I'm optimistic, but it's a what and see for the upcoming county/state level conventions - however they do it in Iowa (I'm thinking Minnesota, since I've been in that process.)

What's a Bacontard? Someone who fanatically supports bacon?

If so, sign me up immediately.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:28:47 PM »

So... do the Paultards really think they can win the nomination this way? Huh

Even if that somehow happened, can you imagine the fallout if someone was nominated via political hijinks without winning a single primary or caucus? Yikes.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:13:53 PM »

Even if that somehow happened, can you imagine the fallout if someone was nominated via political hijinks without winning a single primary or caucus? Yikes.

I'm pretty sure Ron Paul's real goal here is just to have as much influence over the platform as possible, but that doesn't mean his supporters won't try to reach for the stars.

As I mentioned in the IRC the other day, it seems that, while Paul is a Romney stooge, his supporters aren't, and refuse to believe that he is. I wonder what happens when Paul endorses Romney.

As an aside, I think it's cute that people apparently still think party platforms have any relevance. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:35:52 PM »

I recommend you check out Humphrey in 1968, and how close he came to beating Nixon Wink

They're obviously not comparable in any way, but you knew that.

Oakdale:

Paul will never.... let me emphasize this....... He will NEVER ENDORSE ROMNEY. Romney is as neocon as the others.

Paul's crush on Romney has been well observed on this very forum, among other places. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies