Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:42:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129970 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2013, 11:50:18 PM »

Guys, I haven't given up.  I am still working out 6 nights a week.  If I'm working out with the Wii, I'm doing light exercises while watching TV.  I'm eating mostly healthier food.  Yes, I do splurge every now and then, but I believe meals are supposed to be enjoyable times, not boring and mundane.  Also, I don't like a lot of vegetables especially the ones mentioned earlier.  I hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, among other things.  I do not eat salad other than taco salad.  Finding things that are healthy that I actually like and enjoy is a bit challenging.

You know what's more challenging than finding healthy food that you like? Finding a reasonably priced funeral home for your son.  If you aren't going to do it for you, at least do it for your family.

Daaaayyyyymmmmnnnnnnn that's' gotta cut deep.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2013, 11:51:57 PM »

My standard salad is just lettuce, carrots, grated cheese, and dressing.  If you don't like tomatoes, you don't have to include them!

I don't even like most dressings...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »

All you need is olive oil, dijon mustard and champagne vinegar. And boom, you have a vinaigrette!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2013, 11:55:07 PM »

All you need is olive oil, dijon mustard and champagne vinegar. And boom, you have a vinaigrette!

When I make nicoise, I make the traditional dressing of olive oil, dijon and red-wine vinegar.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2013, 12:38:18 AM »

Guys, I haven't given up.  I am still working out 6 nights a week.  If I'm working out with the Wii, I'm doing light exercises while watching TV.  I'm eating mostly healthier food.  Yes, I do splurge every now and then, but I believe meals are supposed to be enjoyable times, not boring and mundane.  Also, I don't like a lot of vegetables especially the ones mentioned earlier.  I hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, among other things.  I do not eat salad other than taco salad.  Finding things that are healthy that I actually like and enjoy is a bit challenging.

You know what's more challenging than finding healthy food that you like? Finding a reasonably priced funeral home for your son.  If you aren't going to do it for you, at least do it for your family.

Trolling.  Tongue

You're lucky that Inks is taking a leave of absence this month, or he would infract you for that.  Yes, Inks would even infract you, Inks.  He doesn't play favorites.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2013, 12:43:27 AM »

Guys, I haven't given up.  I am still working out 6 nights a week.  If I'm working out with the Wii, I'm doing light exercises while watching TV.  I'm eating mostly healthier food.  Yes, I do splurge every now and then, but I believe meals are supposed to be enjoyable times, not boring and mundane.  Also, I don't like a lot of vegetables especially the ones mentioned earlier.  I hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, among other things.  I do not eat salad other than taco salad.  Finding things that are healthy that I actually like and enjoy is a bit challenging.

Trolling.  Tongue

You're lucky that Inks is taking a leave of absence this month, or he would infract you for that.  Yes, Inks would even infract you, Inks.  He doesn't play favorites.

While I appreciate the humor of this post, I ask that we remove all moderating questions and concerns to the Atlas board where it belongs.  I don't want my Update thread tainted with anything of the like.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2013, 01:24:22 AM »

Or just do vinegar and olive oil if you don't like mustard.  There's a Michigan Company (Olive Cart - www.olivecart.com) who makes some fantastic dressings.  I'm a fan of their Honey Ginger dressing.  It's sweet, so you don't need more than a tiny bit for a salad.  They're a bit on the pricy side, but well worth it, I think.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2013, 06:58:04 AM »

Bushie, have you never heard the old saying 'Hunger is the best sauce'?

Simply starve yourself, and then, when you are very hungry, even tomatoes and olive oil will taste delicious.  If you're hungry enough, anything tastes pretty good.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2013, 07:59:35 AM »

Lemon and lime juice makes for a good dressing. Also, if I make a salad with grilled chicken, you can blend some strawberries to make a good dressing.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2013, 10:11:02 AM »

I do that myself, adding caraway seeds. You can also use Tarragon vinegar. In fact, I made it last night.  Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »

Can't Bushie just buy some low-fat/low-calorie ranch dressing or something? Surely he enjoys the taste of ranch dressing, as most stunted American palettes do.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »

Can't Bushie just buy some low-fat/low-calorie ranch dressing or something? Surely he enjoys the taste of ranch dressing, as most stunted American palettes do.

Dukie's vinaigrette dressing actually tastes better. A chef taught me to make it, when I complemented his dressing at a restaurant. He also gave me a jar of it to take home. I told my waiter to praise the chef on the dressing he made, and the chef came out with the jar later, and so forth. Sometimes it "pays" to thank folks for jobs well done. Who knew?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »

Dukie's vinaigrette dressing actually tastes better. A chef taught me to make it, when I complemented his dressing at a restaurant. He also gave me a jar of it to take home. I told my waiter to praise the chef on the dressing he made, and the chef came out with the jar later, and so forth. Sometimes it "pays" to thank folks for jobs well done. Who knew?

I mean, it sounds delicious to me (my go to dressing is olive oil, lemon juice and dijon, and I absolutely drench my salads in the stuff) but a meal at "Golden Corral" also sounds disgusting to me. Clearly Bushie's tastes are very different from mine or yours or Duke's. We're operating in a different gustatory dimension here. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »

How about stopping to write about your repeating failures and use spared time to actually do something with your f**king life?

Guys, stop giving him attention he doesn't really need. What he need is a solid kick in his butthole.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2013, 10:50:51 AM by Grumps »

The differences are twofold.  1) You're a suck-up, but more importantly, 2) Bushie would have never ordered it in a restaurant.  He'd ask for Hidden Valley ranch or somesuch swill out of a bottle.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »

And sometimes it pays to pay people a reasonable wage for their labor. Who knew?
I so don't get ranch dressing. Unlike many fatty cheat snacks, it actually tastes bad. If you're gonna go down the dairy fat road, screw salad. It's all about ice cream! 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2013, 01:56:10 PM »

Ranch is good when you're trashed and want something horrible. I read, and maybe it was wrong but whatever, that low fat mayo and salad dressings are actually worse for you than the full fat types because they contain so many additives, sodiums and sugars to make up for the decreased fat content. That's why I stay away from low fat mayo and peanut butter.

Speaking of, BushOK, do you like peanut butter? It's not a bad snack if you learn to eat the "natural" type, not the type with hydrogenated oils and sugar. Check the ingredients. If it says "peanuts, salt," you're good to go!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2013, 03:05:18 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2013, 03:06:57 PM by Big DaddyTX »

Ranch is good when you're trashed and want something horrible. I read, and maybe it was wrong but whatever, that low fat mayo and salad dressings are actually worse for you than the full fat types because they contain so many additives, sodiums and sugars to make up for the decreased fat content. That's why I stay away from low fat mayo and peanut butter.

Speaking of, BushOK, do you like peanut butter? It's not a bad snack if you learn to eat the "natural" type, not the type with hydrogenated oils and sugar. Check the ingredients. If it says "peanuts, salt," you're good to go!

Most of them are worse for you. It's why I've eliminated them from my life. It's why I will only use mustard (if I want a condiment) on a sandwich, and my salads are usually the lemon or lime juice.  

I've really tried to take the right steps to get myself together. Instead of switching from regular soda to diet, I just cut it out and switched to just water. I've cut sausage out and replaced it turkey sausage. I haven't done anything with beer and booze, but do you really expect me to?

If you really want to do something for your health, you'll just do it, and not take baby steps. It's like quitting smoking. I said I was going to quit at the "end of this pack" for 3 years. One day when I was sick, I threw away a nearly full pack, and never looked back. It's either you do it, or not. There is no in the middle.

Also, I went greek Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2013, 03:14:44 PM by opebo »

Mayonnaise is great for you, just make it with olive oil or some such.  It is full of vitamin K if I remember rightly, and after all you need to eat a lot of good fats in your diet.  It is only because of the corporations making them with industrial substitutes (such as soybean oil) for real food that these products have become unhealthy.

Wow, I just read you can apparently make mayonnaise with bacon fat or duck fat!  Sounds wonderful!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »

Yeah, real mayonnaise is just egg yolk, olive oil and vinegar. These are all fine, and eggs and olive oil are actually good for you in moderation. I don't think it's that unhealthy. Of course making your own mayonnaise is a few levels above where Bushie currently is when it comes to cheffery, but it's nice to have goals to work towards.

Also I made it into opebo's sig, nice!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2013, 03:29:16 PM »

You have often made it into my signature, Lief - when you say things like:

and people seriously argue that opebo isn't our best poster.

I realize Bush may not be able to make the mayonnaise himself, but he could have his mother make it.

Bacon fat mayonnaises:

Olive oil mayonnaise:

They said that while it may be tasty to add some bacon fat in the emulsification, you want to stick to mostly olive oil to avoid an overbearing flavor or excessive solidity.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2013, 03:37:05 PM »

Never-mind what I said about mum, Bushie, lets take a road trip to New Orleans together and try this 'hand crafted' French-style mayonnaise made with peanut oil, served with french fries fried in duck fat!:

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »

opebo makes a good point: if you're going to be fat, at least enjoy being a fat. There are plenty of incredibly delicious unhealthy foods; there's no need to waste those calories on disgusting slop from a buffet line when you could be making yourself bacon mayonnaise, duck fat french fries, or all sorts of other fatty and delicious delicacies. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »

opebo makes a good point: if you're going to be fat, at least enjoy being a fat. There are plenty of incredibly delicious unhealthy foods; there's no need to waste those calories on disgusting slop from a buffet line when you could be making yourself bacon mayonnaise, duck fat french fries, or all sorts of other fatty and delicious delicacies. 

Because if he indulged in good food, he wouldn't be able to spoil his children for Christmas.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »

Howdy, folks!  Another day of work is over.  One more day until the weekend.

I do plan to work out this evening for a little while.  I feel pretty good about how things are going right now.  Things could be better, but things could be worse.  I'm dealing with some issues that I've just about got taken care of, but I still have work to do on them.  I'm not going to explain what's going on at this time, but I'm dealing with them at this time.  It does not involve my job, so you can put those rumors to bed.  Nor does it involve my apartment or anything like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies