Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble). (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:44:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble). (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble).  (Read 15564 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 06, 2010, 06:01:30 AM »

Well, I think it should be noted that if I asked 95/100 people here on the campus, they wouldnt even know what a Specter or Sestak was, let alone be preparing to vote, which could be cause for concern for Sestak. Then again, this is the kind of small elitist school where Sestak may not be reaching (it splits about 50/50 in registration).
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »

Obama needs to pick his battles more wisely...
Like not trying to personally destroy his own party, seat by seat? Yeah, that would indeed be a little more wise.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »

Hahaha, Obama just posted a stumping for Specter on Facebook and he is getting trashed in the comments section. I know it doesnt mean a darn thing, but it made me giggle. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »

Another poll coming out tomorrow, this time from Franklin and Marshall. It will apparently also show Sestak "ahead by around five points" not unlike the other recent ones.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2010/05/why_sestak_might_really_pull_i.html

F&M PRIDE WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

*ahem*......Im done.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »

Solid new Sestak ad out, really puts Sestak in a good light, pushes his own creds (as opposed to just trashing Arlen), and publicizes the recent polling shift, trying to snag bandwagon momentum. Good enough to counter Obama ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94t0VPh_paY&feature=player_embedded

Apparently the Specter campaign is getting really desperate, they are crying foul on the use of public pictures of the Senator because he was in chemo at the time:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/13/specter-chemo-photo-in-se_n_575322.html
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 09:21:51 AM »

In Muhlenberg today, Specter is up just one now, 44-43. As a side note, Tony Williams' attack ads continue to prove rather ineffective as he gains ever so slightly in the Governor polling, in second place but trailing Onorato 38-14.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 04:40:57 PM »

In Muhlenberg today, Specter is up just one now, 44-43. As a side note, Tony Williams' attack ads continue to prove rather ineffective as he gains ever so slightly in the Governor polling, in second place but trailing Onorato 38-14.

I will say this, Setak is leading in signs.  I saw a grant total of two to Specter's zero.  This was in West, Southwest and North Phila.  This includes the Penn Camous (I think today is graduation).

I was in Williams Senate District, and saw several signs for him.  Around Penn, I saw one for Hoffel.

I have had some mailings for the GOP state committee surprisingly.
Here in the Berks area I have seen about 5-6 Sestak signs to 1 Specter, so its all Sestak sign-wise here too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies