Turkish general election, June 7th 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:40:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Turkish general election, June 7th 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Turkish general election, June 7th 2015  (Read 30543 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: June 10, 2015, 01:14:15 PM »

If they're secular, how does secular conservatism nationalism have such a big following in a poor country?
You may have heard of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

I share Antonio and a few others' awe and amazement on the somewhat great result that this ride has delivered us. I could only dream that when I opened up this thread.

If you look closely, you can see that MHP actually won a plurality in one country abroad : Albania, which must probably be hilarious for reasons, though the vote was pretty evenly split.

Does someone have an explanation as to why HDP swept GB, Switzerland and Italy, whereas AKP swept France, Germany and the other relevant Western Europe countries in terms of voter registration ? Kurds as opposed to no Kurds ? Also, I'm suprised there are only a grand total of ~600 votes cast in Greece, and HDP-CHP-AKP are basically even.

Well, let's see what's next.

Well this is only a guess based on my interaction with "Turkish" immigrants and descendants in Denmark. Most of them I have known have been Kurds, and if they found the Kurdish cause important they have often given up their Turkish citizenship for a European one to avoid conscription into the Turkish army, where they risked having to fight in the Kurdish areas. This also mean that they can't vote in Turkey. Secular Turks and Kurds also tend to integrate into European societies and in general do better (like lower criminality rate), which increase the likelihood of them being able to get a European citizenship. So to large extent non-AKP voters are removed. On the other in countries where dual citizenship are allowed you could imagine that other parties would do better, as a European citizenship doesn't remove their right to vote in Turkey.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies