Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:27:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)  (Read 30445 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 04, 2014, 05:14:49 PM »

I'll take Italy.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:14:11 AM »

I'm pretty sure I sent in my orders to your liking. Now we wait for SJoyce and Oldies.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 12:12:15 PM »

Sign it already, you sage-master Tsar-lovers.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »

How about starting one after the Russian Civil War/Mussolini taking power in Italy? The playable countries would be the USSR, the USA, Britain, France, Italy, Japan, and Germany.

(if we do that I totally call the Soviet Union Tongue)

I'll take Italy again.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »

I'd say Lumine has made his choice, Germany has won some battles in the initial phase war of the war, which doesn't have to mean really much. There was no talk of France completely destroyed, a look on the map proves that I didn't even get out of Lorraine, I'm at most at the Champagne border!
And This is as unlikely as you say - remember 1871, when Germany easily got to Paris, without even a centralized army and without most of southern Germany? The French and German army were about even for about ever, otherwise there couldn't have existed such a long, equal rivalry, as the stronger power would have tried (successfully) to significantly weak the other. Plus that I retreaded a bit to the east wasn't entirely bad, too, as the German armies fought down the Vosges and there were not huge frontier fortifications as on the OTL border.
Germant managed to win in 1870 because Bismarck was a perfect bad ass and that France made a lot of mistakes.

Guys, could you stop with the RL arguments? Since he took over the United States, Clarence had been enlarging it's army and naval potential.
That"s not enough to consider that the USA is a major military power.

Guys, you make be good players, but in only 4 years, you can't make miracles.

Was you reaching St. Petersburg in a year and a half not a miracle?

That wasn't a miracle at all when Russia faced attacks from all side without any ally.
And, if you speak about St. Petesburg, I wouldn't have probably conquered the city, because Russians played too much defensive. That's why I wanted to make peace.

Yeah, it was. Terrain and weather would have even prevented the best of armies from taking over Russia in that short amount of time. 3 of course is possible, but not one and a half.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »

Once again, I'd like to ask why Windjammer was so vocal with a neutral party, but when he had benefited from Austria-Hungary not collapsing into dust (as it most likely would have had if they struggled for a year against two minor powers, had in all but name become a German vassal state, yet gained an entirely new ethnicity) and an impossible eighteen-month rout of Russia, he did not speak up then.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »

Once again, I'd like to ask why Windjammer was so vocal with a neutral party, but when he had benefited from Austria-Hungary not collapsing into dust (as it most likely would have had if they struggled for a year against two minor powers, had in all but name become a German vassal state, yet gained an entirely new ethnicity) and an impossible eighteen-month rout of Russia, he did not speak up then.

Sorry, I have forgotten to answer.

Firstly, you know why AHU was collapsing? Because Lumine gave to me (the AHU player) penalities because of Oldiesfreak's inactivity, whereas I was clearly playing AHU. I of course was able to convince Lumine not to give me penalties because of Oldiesfreak anymore.

Secondly, maybe because I was able to make peace with Romania???

Thirdly, I got Ukraine. Why? Because I signed a peace with Snowstalker.

And last point, the fact that Ukraine didn't collapse wasn't a miracle, it's just because I was able to make the good moves in the good time.

I hope you're not insinuating I had a special treatment? Smiley

With all due respect, I'm insinuating that you kept quiet about "ahistoricality" when you yourself directly benefited from it, but in a situation where it doesn't concern you, you piped up and decided to take control of Lumine's game, and now you've leaked private conversations to the world. That's just unacceptable.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »

I'm in
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 12:36:55 AM »

Considering we literally have half the game inactive at this time, should we just call a hiatus until everyone has time to play again?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »

Alright, considering Kalwejt is gone and clarence seems to be dormant, what's the status of this game?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies