CO-Gov (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:49:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Gov (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Gov  (Read 4332 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 14, 2017, 07:37:12 PM »

I like the fact that Colorado votes for my party so I can't blame Republicans for wanting that too.

Anyway, the gubernatorial election should be competitive, right?

With Trump poisoning the GOP brand, maybe not.

I think Colorado Republicans should absolutely start to portray Rocky Mountain Republicans as "different" in the same way that WV Democrats or MA Republicans do.
That's not a bad idea. They could be more socially moderate, and more sportsman/outdoors oriented. It works pretty well for WV Democrats, and MA Republicans (in governor elections).

I'd imagine CO Republicans are starting to face a similar problem to the WA Republicans (I think WA/OR are very comparable to where Colorado is heading in the future).

In order to compete in an increasingly liberal and urban/suburban state, the Republicans would probably have to moderate on social/domestic issues. The problem is that the vast majority of Republican office holders and party faithful are arch-conservative Ken Buck/Tom Tancredo types whose policies have absolutely no appeal in the Denver metro area. Similar to how Washington Republicans attempt to be moderate but are ultimately dictated by conservatives east of the Cascades.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies