Hillary breaks 50% in Orange County, California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:46:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary breaks 50% in Orange County, California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary breaks 50% in Orange County, California  (Read 4740 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: November 16, 2016, 09:34:25 AM »

I'll gladly trade losing Orange County for winning the entire Midwest.

IL? MN?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »

It's a week later and Democrats are still trying to scramble up beef struggling to deal with a comfortable margin of a loss.

Sure, Hillary ran up the board with Californians and New Yorkers to seal a popular vote win but she lost the majority a plurality of florida, the majority of ohio, the majority a plurality of arizona, the majority a plurality of pennsylvania, the majority a plurality of michigan, the majority of iowa, the majority of north carolina... even nearly a majority a plurality of new hampshire, and almost a majority a plurality of minnesota (sad!).

Thankfully the founding fathers designed a system smarter than you are to balance a voice for the nation as a whole, not three populous states.

FTFY
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »

It's a week later and Democrats are still trying to scramble up beef struggling to deal with a comfortable margin of a loss.

Sure, Hillary ran up the board with Californians and New Yorkers to seal a popular vote win but she lost the majority a plurality of florida, the majority of ohio, the majority a plurality of arizona, the majority a plurality of pennsylvania, the majority a plurality of michigan, the majority of iowa, the majority of north carolina... even nearly a majority a plurality of new hampshire, and almost a majority a plurality of minnesota (sad!).

Thankfully the founding fathers designed a system smarter than you are to balance a voice for the nation as a whole, not three populous states.

FTFY

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You can play with technicalities to avoid an argument all you want, not only is it a cherry pick of an interpretation and fix but I'm actually still correct.

She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of Michigan. (More wanted Trump)
She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of Ohio. (More wanted Trump)
She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of Florida. (More wanted Trump)
She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of Arizona. (More wanted Trump)
She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of Maine's 2nd CD. (More wanted Trump)
She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of Wisconsin. (More wanted Trump)
She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of Iowa. (More wanted Trump)
She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of North Carolina. (More wanted Trump)
She failed to win a majority of votes cast by the people of Pennsylvania. (More wanted Trump)

She failed to win over the majority of the people of state, after state, after state and because of that lost comfortably in the electoral college. The founders were smarter than a bunch of people who can't stand a loss because they're bright enough to know it's dangerous for 8 or 9 homogeneous counties worth of population to hold such drastic power. This forces the POTUS to have an agenda and campaign for the better of the union as a whole. The electoral college is.. actually brilliant.  

And finally, as TN Volunteer said, you lost; get over it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I accept that Trump won the election. Don't assume that I think otherwise and then attack that straw man. As for definitions:

Trump also failed to win majorities in a lot of those states. It's interesting how you use a definition of "majority" in the quote and then switch to your old one when interpreting the examples. I am correcting your statement that is, objectively, incorrect.

A majority is the greater part of a large group, meaning >50%. Neither of the candidates received such in a lot of those states, as I indicated above.

Also, I am not sure why you're defending the electoral college when responding to me. I have said nothing related to it in this thread as far as I know.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:49:55 PM »

Clinton also failed to win majority in both 1992 and 1996 and yet Democrats here claim that he won in a landslide. So... try harder.

Is this to me?? What's with all the straw men? I am making the distinction between majority and plurality for BOTH candidates. That is it!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 06:55:55 PM »

Clinton also failed to win majority in both 1992 and 1996 and yet Democrats here claim that he won in a landslide. So... try harder.

Is this to me?? What's with all the straw men? I am making the distinction between majority and plurality for BOTH candidates. That is it!

You're clearly implying that it matters that Trump didn't win a majority. Your candidate, however, failed to do win a majority as well.

What I'm saying is that it matters that NEITHER won a majority. LOOK!

If anything, I'm rebutting the implication that Trump had some sort of mandate based off the majority of the voters of the states in question. My goodness. You won. Walk away with it already.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies