The fall of Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:31:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  The fall of Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The fall of Obama?  (Read 5029 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 14, 2007, 05:35:12 PM »

I have agreed with most of Obama's statements including this one (although it isn't the best thing to say when running for President I suppose).

I love how people are building Clinton up though. She will never be able to meet people's expectations for her.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 07:25:40 PM »

He does have many people on both the left and right that are doing everything they can to cut him down, though. It's quite pathetic.

Oh, it's our fault that he's putting his foot in his mouth?

Good old Barack isn't what everyone thought he was. Let's accept this.

What did people think he was exactly?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:03:56 PM »

In the last month, Obama has strung together a chain of foreign policy quotes which will hurt him if (by some chance) he wins the democratic nomination next year.  His latest one is:

"We've got to get the job done there," he said of Afghanistan. "And that requires us to have enough troops so that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous pressure over there."

I can not believe how DUMB Obama has become. First, to say that the military, is killing civilians is simply a flat base lie. Second, there has not been an "air-raid" so to say during anytime during the War on Terrorism. I can accept the second point just being unfamilar with combat operations but to say troops are simply conducting operations and are killing civilians is simply showing that Obama does not know the miltary and futher more is disrespecting the military. I can safely bet that any support any Soldier/Marine/Sailor,etc had for him is gone after that pathetic comment.

This is the becoming of another John Kerry in my books.

He is the Democratic McCain in terms of going down hill so quickly.

Uh... no. If anybody fits the McCain mold on the Democratic side it's Edwards.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 11:05:19 PM »

In the last month, Obama has strung together a chain of foreign policy quotes which will hurt him if (by some chance) he wins the democratic nomination next year.  His latest one is:

"We've got to get the job done there," he said of Afghanistan. "And that requires us to have enough troops so that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous pressure over there."

I can not believe how DUMB Obama has become.

This isn't about Obama becoming dumb. It was all the hype with this guy. I at least acknowledge that Thompson may suffer from hype and could falter (though I still believe that with the dissatisfaction with the GOP candidates that Fred could still win after a few slips). In the eyes of his fans, Obama does no wrong.

This winter is going to be a bitch for them.

Phil, with that comment, he is DUMB. But you are correct, there is way too much hype with Obama. He is all hype and no substance and his comments about the military prooves that he clearly lacks knowledge and substance.

You deny that the troops have killed civilians?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 11:06:31 PM »

Cant wait to dig this one up after november

Same here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 02:15:46 AM »

Interesting fact check.

http://politicalwire.com/news.html?articleId=4924371&buyerId=PoliticalWirecom&channelId=793

It seems Western forces have not only killed civilians, they are killing them at a faster rate than the insurgents there are.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 12:57:14 AM »

like many 'hot' candidates...Obama looked much better before he came in. He seems great but there is no there there...he simply is not ready and the more he talks the more he makes this clear. The opposite seems true with Clinton...the more she talks the more she seems ready.

I have never liked Hillary...but I have to admit that her campaign has been very impressive and she seems to be competent. It is still early but she is the most impressive as a candidate from both sides. Then again she has a pretty good political advisor

There is as much there "there" with Obama as there is with any of the other frontrunners in the race (which might not be saying much but at least he has some fresh ideas).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies