Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:43:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD!  (Read 9597 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »

I think it's imperative we get by the Jackets early.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »

I really want St. Louis to win their series.  I fear the Kings are toast and won't last long.

Afraid of being sniped this June?

Actually, no, I think the Blues are a very good team who hasn't sniffed the Cup in far too long.  I'd be thrilled to make it to the finals no matter who we would play.  Smiley

When and how bad does Fleury meltdown this year, Uncle Gramps?

At any time, and probably bad.   They trust him so much Vokoun is back on the regular roster.  I do think we'll get by Columbus.  We were 5-0 against them in the regular season.

If he does, it's curtains for Bylsma as head coach.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:26 PM »

I want to die.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »

RIP Dan Bylsma.  Of course he'll have another job in 5 minutes, but........waiting for the announcement.
Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Tortorella, of all people, got another job after being fired by Rangers. So, I don't see why Bylsma shouldn't find one.
Mike Gillis doesn't have a job anymore to give out gift jobs.

Well, GM Shero's out. Too bad. He was instrumental in building the team that won the 09 Cup.

I'll say it: Dumping Bylsma is damned short-sighted. Winning the Metro Division and having the 4th best regular season record in the league isnt a given even with the Pens talent when the team loses over 500 man games to injury. It smells more like a grass is always greener mentality.

But was terrible at picking good players at the draft and did that terrible Jordan Staal trade.

Yeah, the Staal trade wasn't good, but wasn't that as much a salary cap issue as anything?

It would've been tough to keep any player that good as a third or fourth line player indefinitely.

I thought it was that they wanted to get something from it because they offered Staal a nice fat contract and he turned it down because he wanted to go and play with his brother. So Shero made the trade rather than just keep him an extra year and have him leave for Free Agency and the Pens get nothing from it.

I understand why Shero did it, I just didn't agre with it at the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies