The Irony Oremine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:39:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Irony Oremine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Irony Oremine  (Read 127610 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: December 21, 2016, 04:21:52 PM »

Keep up the AMAZING posting, man.  The whole world isn't like whatever town you live in, in TN, where all Republicans are Bible thumpers who picture all Democrats as either minoroties or PhD holders on the coasts.

Where did I say that I think that? It's just funny that someone who believes that a huge majority of Republican voters are pro free-trade, that Trump was a one-time thing or an 'outlier' and that the Republican Party of today has more appeal in a place like Orange County, CA than Elliott County, KY would call "Trumpists" (who make up a soild majority of your party) "delusional". It wasn't meant to be snarky or so.

And I'm not even from the South, but nice try.
If you're from Tennessee, you're from the south.  It was a traitor state in the War of the Great Southern Tantrum.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:35:38 PM »

The third option is the only option compatible with human freedom and dignity.

How would a person ever choose what they want to be?

People choose who they are constantly. All life is a choice.

People make what we call "choices" based on a set of predispositions, circumstances, and values systems. Most decisions arrived at are thusly the result of preexisting factors or absurd chance. As such, I would say it's very inappropriate to claim people simply choose to behave certain ways. "Free will" is a hedonistic fantasy.

I'm simply not interested in your opinion on the subject. Sorry.

I'm not interested in yours, either.

What a guy.
At least you can be satisfied knowing you're right, Cath.  Anyone who traipses around in life saying idiotic things like "All life is a choice" while ignoring the actual lack of available options to nearly everyone.. even the most powerful... hasn't thought about this much.

We live in time.  Our choices are bound to fate.  And with every choice we make, we limit the options for the next choice we must make.  And fate gets ever closer while seeming forever elusive.  Until it bonks you on the head.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:32:55 AM »

Wow 😲
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 11:27:02 PM »

Has never made a single intelligent post, is a fake moderate, and a useful idiot for the left.
Come on Harry... Fhtagn and I don't always agree... but if push came to shove, and shove came to knees to the crotch, and knees to the crotch came to serious hair pulling, and serious hair pulling came to Obamaesque Terrorist Fist-Jabs... we all know Fhtagn would, well... we'd both be super confused and probably just go on the roof and smoke a bit and enjoy the view.

And, that, my friend, can bridge any gap.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies