France's gay marriage law rids world of one disgusting fascist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:02:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France's gay marriage law rids world of one disgusting fascist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France's gay marriage law rids world of one disgusting fascist  (Read 1892 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 27, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »
« edited: May 27, 2013, 03:58:56 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

I wonder if he was aware that killing oneself, or anybody else for that matter, in a sacred precinct is frowned upon by most religions. The real victims here are the sanctity of Notre Dame and the mental health of the fifteen hundred people whom Venner traumatized in an even more selfish gesture, and one done for even stupider reasons, than suicide usually is anyway. I hope God will deliver this bastard from the dust of the grave, but I'm far from willing to count on it.

EDIT: From a New Yorker article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No. Venner doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Mishima. Venner didn't deserve to die a death that would be compared to Mishima's. Venner's beliefs don't deserve to be compared to Mishima's, and I'm not even fond of Mishima or (obviously) his actions or beliefs.

EDIT, again:

Apparently the New Yorker article contains some misleading or false statements about Venner and he was actually some sort of rightist neopagan, which makes this still completely disgusting and unacceptable decision make a lot more sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies