#NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:58:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin  (Read 111350 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 03, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »

Its really interesting seeing how diverse the opposition is to Trump.  You've got some moderates, some ideological conservatives, some neocons...
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 02:09:58 PM »

It amazes me that this is such a vexing issue.  A party that doesn't back its Presidential nominee never does well in November, with the exception of the McGovern 1972 debacle for the Democrats.  Even that was a different situation; you had a core of Southern and Border states whose Democratic Parties were estranged to varying degrees from the National Democratic Party. 

During the 1948 Democratic Nomination process, NC Governor R. Gregg Cherry announced his support for Truman's renomination, despite Truman's support for civil rights legislation.  "If Truman is not beaten at the convention, let's all get under the Democratic flag and help elect him.  Afterward, we can have our Representatives and Senators beat him down when he needs beating."  This seems to me to be more of a realistic strategy for Republicans than the silliness they're indulging in now.
Remind me, how did that strategy turn out for the Southern Democrats?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 04:11:46 PM »

This is crazy.  It looked like everyone was falling in line, but I guess the chaos is just beginning.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 07:29:30 AM »

Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY) is voting for Clinton.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies