Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:33:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent)  (Read 6750 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: November 05, 2014, 06:40:11 AM »

This thread really illustrates why the Democrats lost, imo.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 07:30:52 AM »

Because we overestimated the American electorate's ability to vote based on what's really important? Yes, I agree.

No, because you didn't emphasize them nearly enough.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2014, 08:28:05 AM by Mechaman »

Because we overestimated the American electorate's ability to vote based on what's really important? Yes, I agree.

No, because you didn't emphasize them nearly enough.

I don't see what Nathan's post (or the subsequent Democrats') has anything to do with that.

TO be fair Nathan's post did admit that mistakes were made.  However, the overall impression I get is that "those evil elitists bought everyone off!" when many Democrats, up to today apparently, had been mouthing off about how people who don't vote for them are a bunch of subhuman hicks and were pretty enthusiastic for a Wall Street-in-Chief candidate in 2016.

Yes, this might be an unfair characterization, but the attitudes of Democratic supporters ultimately does have an impact on peoples' perceptions of it.  The sooner the party throws out the WASP supremacists and banker cronies, the much better off it will be.  Contrary to popular opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies