Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:00:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Embittered election postmortem (please let's just have this one thread to vent)  (Read 6683 times)
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« on: November 05, 2014, 09:05:02 AM »
« edited: November 05, 2014, 09:24:16 AM by dmmidmi »

You know what? It's hard to blame the Democrats who were heading into adverse headwinds (Grimes, Begich, Pryor, Nunn, Curtis, and Tennant and Landrieu to some extent)--they were set up for failure. I blame Kay Hagan for losing to Thom Tillis. I blame Bruce Braley for being an absolute moron. I blame Mark Udall for also being an absolute moron. I blame Rick Weiland for not knowing what the hell he was doing.
Democrats probably got lucky in a couple of races--they were fortunate enough to have a carpetbagger running in New Hampshire, someone dumber than a box of rocks in Michigan, and
some nobody in Minnesota.

By the way, the Democrat in Michigan? He stood by his Obamacare vote, made an issue of clean energy, and campaigned right along side the President.

It's incredibly frustrating though, that unemployment is dropping, GDP is growing, gas is below $3.00/gallon, the Dow continues to break records week after week after week, we aren't in a slew of wars, the response to Ebola was fine, and more and more people are gaining access to health insurance, and voters still say to themselves, "F*** this! I'm voting out the bums!"

Maybe the success achieved in 2008 was simply unsustainable, and this is a reversion to the mean. The last time I felt this frustrated was 2004.

I don't recall. What happened the last time the GOP held majorities in both the upper and lower chambers?

Get ready for a whole lot of nothing to happen over the next two years. The President's going to make good use of that veto stamp.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies