Perry campaign, low on cash, stops paying SC staff *UPDATE* actually, all staff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:00:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Perry campaign, low on cash, stops paying SC staff *UPDATE* actually, all staff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Perry campaign, low on cash, stops paying SC staff *UPDATE* actually, all staff  (Read 5722 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« on: August 10, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »

I wonder if they could transfer staff to his super PAC like Santorum did.  Or are they out of money too?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:16:47 PM »

Looks like the Super Pac is once again going to help bring Perry back from the dead
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In 2012 we saw how Santorum and GIngrich surived via outside money, now this zombie campaign is the new normal. We may have got to the point where you cannot kill campaigns, they will continue forever.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 10:24:33 PM »

My Perry = Zombie meme has been picked up by WaPo

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »

Well some of the lower tier campaigns like Pataki are probably more capable of living off the land and limiting their spending to travel and a handful (if any) paid staffers. As long as they are getting into some kind of debates and/or 'forums' they can hang around on the faint hope of getting a moment.

But that is why a campaign like Christie's may be the first to go. They are really trying to be in the big time and their super pac is planning on spending some cash to boost his numbers to keep him in the varsity debate. And of course Christie is known to like to live large, so I dont think he would be cool going to Motel 6 and having little to no staff. So I think his campaign and his super pac could run out of money by the end of the quarter, and he may not be able to find a sugar daddy to zombify his campaign. Jindal is another campaign that I would put high on the list for an early death without much zombification.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 05:41:24 PM by Likely Voter »

Another update: Perry's IA campaign chair has stepped down.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/165dd42f0f06411aa1a87fe477d3d9fa/perrys-iowa-chairman-has-left-lagging-campaign

If much of the activity of the campaign is now happening at the Super PAC it probably makes sense for someone like him to quit as he isn't really running things so what is the point of sticking around.  Extending the zombie metaphor, this is like one of the walking dead's hands falling off, but the reanimated corpse keeps shambling on....
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 08:12:23 PM »

Another piece of the zombie's body just fell off

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/08/politics/rick-perry-south-carolina-headquarters-closed/index.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies